Chapter 80 A Werewolf's Tale

Remus slowly approached the table and picked up the small red bottle that contained the red parentage potion. He had to know once and for all – he had spent so many years running from the truth. Now for once he had to be a Gryffindor, like Sirius, and face all that terrified him. On the side of the bottle was a piece of parchment with the neat handwriting of Severus Snape.

Place one drop of your blood in the potion, shake well and leave for sixty seconds and then pour onto the other side of this parchment. This potion will reveal the last four generations of your family tree – Muggles will not appear.

Remus did as the parchment instructed and watched as writing began to appear:

Fenrir Greyback - Romula Redfur

Remus Fenirson

Remus gulped slipping down to the floor – it was all true all of it. He was Fenrir Greyback’s son. Remus felt a bubble of laughter slip out of his throat. No wonder his pa-no wonder the Lupin thought him as a monster if he was that beast’s son!

Remus didn’t know how long he sat on the floor as every truth he had ever believed turned out to be false. But when he looked again, he noticed that he was almost a year older than he had thought he was. That had the hysterics on him again – was everything a lie?

But then he remembered what Greyback had told him about the source of the rumours about him biting children. He supposedly bit born-werewolves to stop the Ministry of Magic from treating them as feral beasts because werewolves who had once been human did have one more right than born werewolves – the right to live.

Remus pulled up the sleeve of his upper left arm where the pale silvery stretch marks of his bite mark could easily be seen. Sirius had once remarked that it was rather a tame mark for a brutal werewolf mauling, that he had been lucky it hadn’t been worse. Remus had been furious at him for that remark when that damned scar had damned his whole life. But could it really be a bite from … from … from his … Remus took a deep of his father … from his father to keep him from being executed?

Remus’ eyes caught the silvery bottle containing memories. Maybe that would hold the answers to all of his questions. But he didn’t have access to a Pensieve. Dumbledore was the only person he knew who had one and he was gone but maybe Professor McGonagall still had access to it.

/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/