Chapter 33 Bad Press

‘Lord Slytherin, I have to apologise on behalf of the British Ministry for the Chief Warlock’s actions against you,’ Fudge blustered. ‘I do hope it does not colour your opinion of the Ministry and Britain or make you decide to return to Russia.’

Cornelius’ eyes flickered towards Hadrian making Tom understand what the Minister of Magic was scared about. The Minister knew that should the so called Boy Who Lived choose to leave Britain forever Britain’s international standing would drop especially if they found out it was the Chief Warlock who chased Hadrian out. Luckily for Cornelius Fudge it was Britain that Tom’s heart belonged to so he was staying to fix the mess the Light had made of things.

‘I hold no blame towards yourself or the British Ministry,’ Tom assured the Minister. ‘This is not the first time Albus Dumbledore has harmed my family.’

Fudge leaned forward interestedly much to Tom’s amusement. Tom knew that Fudge was looking for anything to get Dumbledore removed from office. Luckily Tom was more than willing to oblige as he wanted Dumbledore the hell away from his son!

‘Firstly, Albus used his sway within the Wizengamot to seal Hadrian’s records,’ Tom began. ‘Supposedly to protect him,’ sneered Tom. ‘I was never informed that I had an heir whose bearer and stepmother had been killed.’

‘And Albus was aware of the fact that you were the father?’ demanded Fudge.

‘Of course, he knew!’ Hadrian burst out bitterly. ‘It was on my Gringotts birth certificate which Dumbledore had viewed! So yes Albus bloody Dumbledore knew – okay! He never felt the need to inform me!

‘The bastard gave me to magic-hating Muggles who weren’t even related to me,’ Harry finished angrily.

‘Hadrian,’ Tom said gently. ‘I have to ask, Minister, why wasn’t the Department of Magical Children involved in my son’s placement. I do not believe that it is usually the Chief Warlock who decides where orphans are placed.’

‘No they do not,’ agreed Minister grimly.

The Minister quickly wrote a departmental memo writing it quickly and sending it off. Tom knew that it could not be received but anyone but the intended recipient. Tom raised an eyebrow -questioning the Minister’s actions.

‘I have sent off a departmental memo to Jerome Hamblin, the head of the Department of Magical Children,’ the Minister explained. ‘I have asked him to bring up young Hadrian’s files to find out who allowed Dumbledore to unlawfully place a magical child with Muggles.’