Chapter 100 Meetings of a Legitimate and Not So Legitimate Nature

At exactly midnight Draco and Crabbe left the dorm. He would say they snuck out but as their whole dorm was up even if Blaise and Curtis were from neutral families they had been brought along by Draco. Draco had arranged it so every member of the Club would be arriving in five-minute intervals in groups of two to make it less obvious.

Draco, naturally, would be first one there, of course (alongside Vince). As Draco entered the room developed multiple small tables which he began to unload snacks and drinks so if they did get caught it would look like a back-to-school party. They would still get in trouble, but a lot less than a Junior Death Eater meeting.

But finally, by one o’clock in the morning everyone had arrived from the youngest second year – a little Gryffindor boy who one of his dads was an Outer Circle member – to an older Slytherin seventh year whose mother was still in Azkaban. Last year there had been an “inner circle” of juniors who had known how to Occlude and were aware that Harry Potter was the Dark Lord’s Heir and then four outer circle groups run by a “inner circle” member of their house. And at first it had just been the most loyal but as time had gone by, they had recruited others into the Juniors Club.

But now everyone knew that Harry Potter was the Dark Lord’s Heir, and the Dark Lord was back. So, things would be very different now. Plus, Harry wasn’t here so it was up to Draco to keep things running.

‘So, I am sure you have gathered that Harry – the Dark Prince to you – was running things last year behind the scenes,’ Draco said. ‘He could not risk everyone knowing, and it getting back to Dumbledore, of course. But now that he is gone, he is passing the running of our club to me.’

‘But surely it doesn’t matter what we do now that the Dark Prince is safe, and he is back!’ Pansy said.

Draco’s lip curled, ‘of course it does! There are still members of the Order in the staff and loyalists in the student body. And the Dark Lord is working hard to change things at Hogwarts – which we are to help him. We have to make sure the First Year Experiment passes so we are all to support the First Years where we can.

‘We are also to continue to quietly change people’s perception of the Dark and the Traditional, whilst turning them against Dumbledore! Don’t push to hard too early but sow the seeds of the truth amongst them.

‘We are to work hard in our new and old classes and answer any questionnaires the Board may give us. And the Dark Lord is also wary of High Inquisitor Umbridge and has asked us to keep an eye on her. If she or anyone on Dumbledore’s side do anything we are to report it directly to Professor Crouch who is a Death Eater and can help us. In the same vein be careful what happens in the Slytherin dorms we do not have Professor Snape to protect us anymore and Sinistra is neutral so will not turn blind eyes anymore!’

‘Any questions?’ asked Draco.