Chapter 35 Scrabbling for Plan B

Albus was absolutely furious as he made his way back from the Ministry of Magic. How dare those fools throw him Albus Dumbledore out of the Ministry of Magic! He who had fought of two Dark Lords!

He who was the only hope for their world now that the Slytherin brat had joined his father! Didn’t they understand that they were handing the Wizarding World to the Dark on a silver platter? They should have been begging for his help instead of sentencing them to death and enslavement in a world ruled by Dark Pure-Blood extremists despite Voldemort and his son being Half-Bloods.

More than just being furious at the bloody Ministry of Magic and the Dark Lord he was terrified of what it would mean for the outcome of the war! Hadrian Slytherin was supposed to be sacrificed for the war but now Albus had lost that weapon.

Now that both Slytherins were aware of the truth the only thing to be done about Hadrian Slytherin was to kill him. He was too powerful to be kept around too do anything else. Albus had hoped that he could sway the boy back to the Light side but clearly that was not to be.

Then there was the fact that the Dark was going to use what Albus had done for the Greater Good of the Wizarding World against him. Albus knew that without the seats he had spent the past sixteen years using either as either Harry Potter’s guardian or when James Potter-Slytherin was under his control enacting his political goals would be difficult. More so when he knew that the Dark were trying to destroy his reputation which Albus could only fight with the truth that the whole world refused to believe because they were bleeding cowards.

Then there was the question Severus’ continued loyalty. Severus had switched sides because of his love for Lily Evans. Severus had remained because of Albus’ manipulations to protect Lily’s son. Would Severus remain loyal to the Light when his affinity was naturally Dark after finding out that Harry Potter didn’t exist?

Albus couldn’t predict Severus’ actions. On the one hand, the Dark Lord had killed the woman he loved. On the other hand, he was after all Dark. The Dark would always be attracted to the Dark. Without the constant reminder in the form or Lily’s eyes of the fact he had contributed to Lily’s death by telling the Dark Lord to fake prophecy would Severus be able to continue the call of the Dark?

Albus hated not being able to predict the actions of his followers. Unfortunately, recently everything had gone wrong. First there was Ronald’s slip up. Next there was Ginevra losing the Amortenia potion which Albus suspected hadn’t been lost so much as stolen by Slytherin when he discovered their plans. Then the Dark Lord returned to his body. Something that Albus now attributed to the fact his son and heir had joined him. Now there was the question of Severus’ loyalty.

Albus was furious to realise that everything could have been attributed to that damn Slytherin brat. Albus should have done what Granger had told him to and killed him years ago. Despite how useful he would have been it would be better that Slytherin was dead than alive and causing this amount of trouble for Albus.