Chapter 60 School Decisions

It had been six days since the meeting with the Morants. On Monday, the International Confederation of Wizards had met with Fudge as the temporary British representative until the Chief Warlock was elected in September. Naturally, with Dumbledore gone those who wished to run for Supreme Mugwump placed their names in.

In total there were twelve representatives running. Three of whom were Light representatives that Tom could not allow to be elected. Luckily, however, none of the Light representatives had any particular loyalty to Dumbledore. Then there were two grey and three neutral elects who depending on the candidate would depend on how good it was for them. Then there were the four candidates were Dark.

Firstly, there was Vân the Vietnamese representative. Tom had never met of him and he had been no one of note before Tom’s fall. And from what Tom had managed to find out the man was only popular in Vietnam so was unlikely to get in.

Next there was Mexico’s representative Adelina Ochoa who was actually a werewolf. She was very popular amongst the non-human voters in Mexico. However, it was unlikely she would get in due to heavy anti-lycan sentiments in the ICW. It was a shame from what he remembered of the alpha werewolf she was a shrewd, intelligent and ruthless woman. She could have been very useful.

Then there was Eva Tómasson the Icelandic representative who was also a very skilled necromancer. She had been a supporter of his during her younger days. However, a lot of the Light, Neutral and even some Greys would be wary of her necromancy so it was unlikely she would get elected. Despite the number of unsolvable cases she had solved because of her ability to speak to the dead.

No, the best candidate was the Bulgarian Minister for Magic Stoyan Zdravkov. Zdravkov was a calm, unflappable man whose steadfast nature had calmed a lot of people. Zdravkov was not obviously Dark which would aid him in getting the votes he needed from the Neutral and Grey countries. Yes, Zdravkov was the man Tom would be supporting although he would need to make contact with the man sooner rather than later.

Now was the monthly school governors meeting which was sure to be interesting after the huge scandal Dumbledore had managed to get himself into. His people would be sure to be trying to keep control of the board. Unfortunately, the four founders heirs had fifty percent of the votes that meant on his own Tom held twenty-five percent of votes. More given that there hadn’t been a Ravenclaw heir since Rowena herself had died.

Currently, the head of the board of governors was Adonias Smith. Not surprising as he was the only founder’s heir on the board. However, now that Tom had reclaimed his seats he should be able to claim a majority. Tom and his allies would hold a 51% majority which would mean that if just one Dark-aligned individual, all the Lights and Neutrals voted against him he would lose.

Still at the moment he was fairly popular. And none of the other individuals were Dumbledore supporters. Mainly due to the fact that only the founders’ heirs were inherited seats. The rest were chosen by the Minister of Magic meaning had there been any Dumbledore supporters they would have been forced to step down by the Minister in the wake of Dumbledore’s “warmongering” as Fudge put it.