Chapter 79 Confessions and Confrontations

It was almost a blessing that the news of Albus Dumbledore’s crimes and escape came out the same day that the news of his and Harry’s relationship did. It meant that their story was relegated to the second page. It didn’t stop the howlers from coming but Lucius knew that far more would have come had it not been for news of Dumbledore’s escape. Lucius could only hope that Harry was not receiving any hate mail, although he was sure the Dark Lord would have wards up preventing that kind of stress to his pregnant son. That thought did make Lucius feel a lot better.

After it was clear that Harry and the baby were going to be alright, Draco and Narcissa had left for Greece. The Manor was going to be very quiet without Draco. Maybe, that was why instead of going home after the emergency Wizengamot session Lucius headed for the Dark Lord’s Manor. But it was more than likely that he just missed Harry as much as he did his son and worried for him more than Harry would like. Harry hated how overprotective Lucius and the Dark Lord were of him but after everything that had befallen Harry in his life it was only natural for those who loved him to worry.

Making his way to Harry’s bedroom Harry was propped up on multiple cushions reading a book poisons and antidotes, but he looked up with a bright smile when Lucius entered and immediately placed the book down. Lucius observed that Harry was looking far healthier and more with it than he had done last night. Enough that Lucius was surprised he was still consenting to be on bed rest.

‘Lucius,’ Harry beamed.

‘How are you feeling?’ asked Lucius.

‘Much better,’ Harry said and then scowled, ‘Father just wants me to take it easy.’

Lucius nodded, ‘he just worries, you scared us.’

‘I’m sorry,’ Harry said softly.

‘It’s not your fault!’ Lucius said sharply.

‘No, it’s Dumbledore’s,’ Harry said bitterly.

‘Well, Veritserum has been used on Diggle and Podmore, which has got a warrant for Dumbledore’s arrest for conspiracy to commit murder,’ Lucius said. ‘And tomorrow the Weasleys will be interviewed under Veritserum which will surely add to the list of crimes he is charged with.’

Harry nodded, ‘when they find him. Come here.’

Harry moved over so that there was room on the bed for him. Lucius made his home on the bed pulling Harry into his arms. Lucius had no intention of having sex with Harry, not so soon after Harry was injured, but he enjoyed just spending time with his lover in a way he had never before done with any of his dalliances.