Chapter 64 Quidditch Threats

The next morning Harry awoke beside Lucius to another bout of morning sickness. It always hit in the morning when it had been several hours before his last potion. Luckily, it meant it wasn’t too bad through the day as long as he remembered to take his potion every four hours.

But today he felt excited. He would be going to see a professional Quidditch match. Harry admitted he was a little bit nervous about the fact he would be with Draco on his own. Merlin knew for his child’s sake he had to make good with Draco.

Harry made his way down to the breakfast room where his father was already up with a coffee. He smiled at Harry putting down the copy of the Daily Prophet he had been reading when Harry entered. Harry sat down and began helping himself to cheese on toast topped with chocolate frogs.

‘Anything interesting?’ asked Harry curiously.

‘Just a rehashing the same issues,’ the Dark Lord said.

Harry nodded, ‘so Sirius will be Apparating me to Puddlemere where we’ll meeting Draco.’

After Harry had agreed with Draco to go to see Puddlemere versus the Tornadoes Harry’s father had put his foot down on grounds of safety. The Dark Lord felt it would be too easy for Dumbledore to get at him. Harry had put his foot down not wanting to be a prisoner.

Voldemort had originally said fine if he went too but this was supposed to be a chance to bond with his lover’s son. It was going to be tense enough without the bloody Dark Lord in attendance. In the end Sirius’ presence in dog form was the compromise that had come to.

‘You’ve got your Portkey,’ Tom said.

‘Yes, father,’ Harry said resisting the urge to roll his eyes.

‘If anything happens, you get yourself out! Dumbledore and his lot won’t be worried about Draco! And Sirius will be there to protect him!’ the Dark Lord said sternly. Then sighed softly, ‘I do not want to lose too, Hadrian.’

Harry’s angry retort died in his mouth, ‘I promise.’

‘When will you be back?’ asked Harry’s father.

‘We’re planning to meet up with Fred and Oliver afterwards, so I don’t know,’ Harry admitted.

At this point Sirius bounded into the room grinning like an idiot. Yet Harry could detect something tense in his godfather’s eyes. Harry knew that after they came back Sirius would be joining up with Barty to try and sway Lupin to their side. Harry knew that should Sirius lose Lupin it would break something in him.