Chapter 23 The Triwizard Champion

The day of the Third Task Harry was half convinced that the whole of Gryffindor house had gone crazy with the noise they made. Then Harry remembered it was Gryffindor House who had a competitive streak a mile long. And a celebratory spirit to match.

With Harry coming first the Gryffindors were becoming very excited at the prospect of having the Triwizard Champion from their house. Hufflepuff weren't much better which had caused a tense through days between Gryffindor and Hufflepuff. Cedric Diggory had seemed very ill at ease considering he felt as if he owed Harry something.

At the present Harry was ranking first with ninety points overall. Cedric Diggory was coming second with eighty-three points. Viktor Krum was coming in third with sixty-nine points. In last place thanks to her dreadful performance in the Second task was Fleur Delacour with sixty-one points.

Harry was already in a bad enough mood without the ridiculous fuss that the Gryffindors had insisted on making. This morning had marked the first time Harry had suffered with morning sickness although from the books Lucius had got him to read only at the manor this would be the first morning of many. For the first time in the few weeks since Harry had stopped being angry at Lucius for something that was not only the man's fault Harry was once again angry at Lucius.

Still it would be Harry's last day at Hogwarts because after today Harry would no longer have the Triwizard Tournament binding Harry to the school and there was nothing Harry could say that would make Harry's father allow Harry to stay in the same place as Harry's dad's murderer for any longer than necessary. Harry hadn't fought that because he knew it would only be a few weeks – months if he was lucky – until he started showing and the Weaselette staring dosing him with love potions once again.

Harry was slowly coming to terms with the fact he was pregnant. Mostly thanks to Lucius' obvious excitement – well obvious to Harry – at being a father once again and the baby books Lucius had provided. Harry was still scared but having a lover and father to his child being someone who had brought up a child helped a lot.

Harry found his face seeing out Granger and Karkaroff feeling sick with anticipation for Granger, nausea and slight guilt for both of them although mainly for Karkaroff at what the small number at the Dark Lord's side but mainly Harry and the Dark Lord were about to do. Harry wished that he could feel guiltier or say that what they were trying to achieve wasn't worth it but it was.

Harry and his child needed the protection that only Lord Voldemort could provide. The world needed fixed and Dumbledore needed to be brought down. Dumbledore would be proud of him for what Harry was about to do for the greater good Harry thought bitterly.

Sometimes Harry really hated himself because Harry would be a liar that a part of him wanted this. Part of him wanted this for the vengeance that it would bring. There was a reason after all Harry had suggested Granger be used.