Chapter 36 Hogwarts Student Goes Missing!

Minerva was sitting in her office going through the third years Transfiguration exams with mild exasperation at some of them. You would think that some of them had never picked up a Transfiguration book in their lives. Minerva could excuse lack of power as not everyone was gifted but it was not difficult to remember the spells.

That was when a small brown Ministry owl flew through the window. Minerva wondered if it was yet another parent who was trying to bump up their child’s grades with an anonymous donation to the Transfiguration department. You’d think they learned by now that Minerva would not change a grade for anyone but some still begged her to change their minds.

Opening it Minerva was shocked at what she found out from opening the letter. It was the last thing Minerva had expected when Gryffindor’s popularity had once again soared because of Harry Potter. This time thanks to the young man winning the Triwizard Tournament by outcompeting three of-age competitors.

Dear Deputy Headmistress Minerva McGonagall,

                                                                                                I Foma Salazar Slytherin do hereby withdraw my son and heir Hadrian Salazar Slytherin – also known as Harry James Potter from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Yours Sincerely

Foma S. Slytherin

It was short and put its point across quickly. Minerva couldn’t believe that Voldemort had somehow managed to take guardianship of Harry Potter. How was she going to explain this to the young man? Dumbledore must be able to do something about all this!

Minerva was about to go straight to Dumbledore’s office when a chap came on the door. Minerva groaned not wanting to deal with whatever idiot child of hers had managed to do something they shouldn’t. If this was Severus furthering his vendetta against her house Minerva would curse something or someone – possibly Severus Snape himself.

‘Come in,’ Minerva called hoping she didn’t sound too annoyed.

There walked in Harry Potter’s friends or given what the Daily Prophet had reported his now ex-friends Ronald and Ginevra Weasley. Minerva was surprised not see Granger there with them. They had been complaining about the way that Harry had been treating them for weeks.

‘Professor McGonagall,’ the Weasley boy said. ‘We can’t find Hermione.’

‘Is it possible that she is with Mr Potter?’ questioned Minerva.