Chapter 72 The Final Nail

Ron and Ginny had been released into the care of the witch from Department of Magical Children. Ron hoped this meant that they could go home soon. It wasn’t fair that they were being treated as criminals for trying to save the world.

‘Where’s Mum?’ asked Ron.

‘Your parents are currently being held by the DMLE, pending further questioning in the morning,’ McLaggen said crisply.

‘What’s going to happen to us?’ asked Ginny.

‘That remains to be seen,’ McLaggen said. ‘Before anything I want to talk to you separately about your upbringing.’

‘Why?’ asked Ron frowning.

‘We’re not being abused!’ Ginny said hotly.

Ron blinked, ‘of course, we’re not. You don’t think that …‘

Ron had done nothing to warrant being hurt by his own family! It wasn’t like he was like Slytherin who was an evil, dark, bastard in-training, who deserved every hurt that the Dursleys visited on him. Ron would have gladly helped them had that not been his role.

McLaggen stopped looking at them sadly, ‘sometimes abuse is obvious and other times it is subtle. Your parents are currently being held for several serious crimes and your former older brothers have recently disowned themselves. This brings several concerns about the way you were raised. If indeed it is all circumstantial you will be released into the care of an appropriate family member until such a time that your parents are released … or permanently as the case may be.’

Ginny and Ron looked at each other with disgust and anger in their eyes. They were led into a nice room with comfy sofas, a low round wooden table, books, toys, comics and games were present. Ginny and Ron sat opposite the McLaggen woman.

‘Are you hungry or thirsty?’ asked McLaggen.

‘I’m okay,’ Ginny replied sounding tense.

‘Can I have pumpkin juice and pasties,’ Ron said eagerly.

McLaggen waved a wand and a flagon of pumpkin juice, two cups, and a tray of pumpkin pasties appeared on the table. Ron eagerly took one and began to eat. Ginny gave him a disgusted look, wrinkling her nose.