Chapter 48 Action Plan

Marcus entered Gregor’s practice knowing that he would be leaving here after donating his semen to his long-time friend. It had been less than a day since he had been given his mission by the Dark Lord and Prince. Marcus had to admit that he was not a hundred percent comfortable with having the Weasley bitch be the mother to his child but she couldn’t be any worse than Mathilda.

‘Marcus Flint, I have an appointment at 3:40 with Healer Whitehead,’ Marcus instructed the receptionist.

‘Please take a seat,’ the receptionist said. ‘Healer Whitehead’s apprentice will call you presently.’

A couple of minutes later Gregor's Apprentice Jason Smith appeared from out of Gregor's office. The annoyance on his youthful face even more than apparent his perfectly bleached blonde hair was. Marcus could not help but compare him to Lockhart who had thought he could duel but failed so spectacularly at it that a first-year Mudblood would be able to beat him.

‘Marcus Flint,’ the young Smith boy called.

Marcus followed the young dark haired apprentice through the bleached white corridors knowing that should everything go to plan he would be out of a job in by tomorrow morning. Marcus would have felt more guilty had it not been for the fact that it was only due to his family ranking that he had not been asked to leave before. They had apparently tried before only for Lord Smith to kick up a fuss about his nephew being sacked and threatening to withdraw funding.

Marcus was lead into Gregor’s office where the Healer himself was already seated behind his desk. Both Marcus and Gregor already knew what was going to happen in this meeting. This whole appointment was solely for Jason Smith’s benefit or rather detriment considering they were laying a trap for him which would end up with the young man out of a job.

‘Ah Lord Flint,’ greeted Gregor. ‘What seems to be the problem?’

‘I have been recently trying to conceive a spare with a willing surrogate,’ Marcus began. ‘But we’ve been having troubles. The same happened when Mathilda and I were trying to conceive our first. It took us twelve years to do so with Mathilda taking many fertility potions. I had always thought it was all her fault but now I fear some blame may be attributed to myself.’

‘Are you sure it is not the surrogate?’ asked Gregor.

‘She is getting checked out by her Healer,’ Marcus replied.

‘Good,’ Gregor said. ‘Well I can’t say more until I have a sample of your semen.’

‘I expected as much,’ Marcus said.