Chapter 42 A Dead Man

Amelia had been about to leave for Hogwarts when her assistant Jezebel ‘Jez’ King came rushing into her office as though Morgan Le Fay herself was hot on her tail. The nineteen year old girl came from the main branch of a family which was part of the Dark faction making Amelia naturally wary of telling her too much. However, the young woman was very good at her job despite having been foisted on Amelia by her well connected father but Amelia couldn’t trust her as far as she could throw her without the aid of magic.

Amelia had been planning on interviewing the whole of Hogwarts as soon as she could get there without having to charge her employees over time and waking the children up at indecent hours. After everything that Amelia had recently found out about Dumbledore’s manipulations she wanted to see Dumbledore go down more than ever. However, she knew Dumbledore would not go down easily so she needed a good solid base to start with.

‘Madam Bones,’ the girl said urgently. ‘Lord Slytherin contacted me on the Floo.’

Amelia sighed, ‘what has happened?’

‘Lord Slytherin says his manor has been invaded,’ King said, ‘by a Death Eater.’

Amelia closed her eyes, ‘I’m assuming because of Heir Slytherin?’

‘Apparently, the Death Eater in question was looking for protection from the so called Dark Lord,’ King replied. ‘He had heard Dumbledore’s claims and believed them.’

Amelia frowned, ‘do you know who?’

King shook her head, ‘Lord did not recognise the man in question. Lord Slytherin described him as small, balding, greying blonde hair and watery grey eyes.’

Amelia ran through the various known Death Eaters who were blonde with grey eyes but apart from Lucius Malfoy who was neither small, balding nor greying although that could be thanks to potions. Unfortunately, however, there had been so many Death Eaters that had never been caught in the last war. So many that had never revealed what lay under the mask.

‘I’ll go myself with Auror Mina,’ Amelia said.

Amelia knew that the Ukrainian Auror would not care for the reputation of either Slytherin House or Albus Dumbledore. Unfortunately Amelia could not say the same for many of her British employees who worshiped the ground Dumbledore worked on and thought all Slytherins were Death Eaters! It was enough to drive Amelia mad at the prejudice that existed within her department.

Amelia had arrested and fought many Death Eaters!