Chapter 25 Heart, Soul and Magic

Warnings: Murder/Ritualistic Sacrifice

I'm not very happy with this chapter but I can't think of any way to make Voldemort's resurrection better and it needs to occur for future chapters to happen.

Harry was whisked away from the passageway with Granger a dead weight in his arms but not as much as the weight on his conscience. Harry knew he was carrying a girl he had once called a friend to her death. Not even the knowledge that Granger had never been his friend and his father's return would provide Harry safety and protection did little to ease his guilty conscience.

Harry steeled himself to do what must be done no matter how much he would hate himself for it later. No matter how much he hated himself for it already and he hadn't even done anything yet. Harry knew that he would do it and this time he couldn't rely on others to do the dirty work whilst he was not present. Harry was the only one could do it.

Firstly, there was the persecution of magical creatures both Dark and Light because wizards feared them. The Ministry of Magic could not be allowed to drive anymore magical peoples from their shore. Or drive them extinct in the British Isles.

British magic was dying thanks to the Light attempting to destroy all Dark Magic. Magic was all about balance. Light could not possibly exist without Dark magic nor could the Dark exist without Light. This was the reason less wizards and witches were being born year on year.

It didn't help that magical traditions were being taken over by Christian celebrations whilst Harry found no problem with them Harry hated that magical traditions were being banned in favour of Christian feast days. Look at Hogwarts no longer celebrated the magical holidays but celebrated Christmas, Halloween and Easter whilst Samhain, Beltain and the solar festivals weren't even mentioned. Some of which were vital to the magic of the earth and the magic in their bodies.

This was just one of the reasons why Voldemort wanted Muggle raised children taken from their Muggle families and raised in the Wizarding World. Hopefully by either couples who wanted or the family they are descended from. Group homes or orphanages ran better and providing better care than Wool's Orphanage ever provided for Harry's father if there was no other choice for the child.

Never mind the high percentages of child abuse occurring amongst Muggle raised children thanks to their fear and hatred even of their own children. Never mind the idea that Muggles could discover them through their children. Harry like his father were only too aware that the Muggles weapons of mass destruction combined with their fear and hatred of anything different would lead to the destruction of the magical populations.

Harry was brought back to the real world as he landed softly on the grass and being caught by Lucius who took Granger from Harry. Barty meanwhile continued to carry the still form of Karkaroff away from the Portkey point on the front porch where the ritual would take place. The altar stood in the middle of a copse of alder trees a relic from the ancient times when magic was free and unrepressed. The way that the Dark Lord and his followers wanted again for the future.