Chapter 24 The Power of Three

Warnings: mentions of Ritualistic Sacrifice and Murder

Barty slipped off from the award ceremony as soon as he saw the Granger girl leave. Barty knew that he could get her to come with him no problem as he was wearing the disguise as a trusted if ignorant friend of Albus Dumbledore. After all he knew what she knew but she didn't know what he knew.

When he spoke to her Barty planned to pretend that he had known all the time what Dumbledore had been planning. In reality Alastor Moody had never been informed of Dumbledore's plans for the Dark Prince. Or even that "Harry Potter" the Boy Who Lived, the so called saviour of Wizarding Britain was the Dark Lord.

'Miss Granger,' Barty said as he entered an empty corridor and empty corridor behind her.

Barty had known this was the route she would use as Granger was nothing if not predictable always using the quickest route that didn't involve secret passageways that none but the most troublesome students knew of. Barty had watched her a lot over these last few months since the Dark Lord had given him this task after the Dark Prince had suggested using her for the ritual when the other four hadn't been sure who would be ideal for the Heart of the Dark Lord's return. Barty had worked out her patterns and quirks so that when the time came Barty could snatch her for the ritual with the ease that came from being prepared.

Barty had placed a subtle spell on this corridor which would make anyone but a marked Death Eater and Hermione Granger turn away in revulsion. Of course, Barty had also put a Stink spell up that only Granger would be immune to so that people would incorrectly assume that was why they were so revolted at the very idea of walking down that corridor. Otherwise they would question why they didn't want to walk down a random corridor.

Luring Granger into a deserted corridor had proved to be exceptionally easy Barty had found out. The stupid Mudblood didn't look behind her. Of course, Barty had cloaked himself in a silencing spell so Granger didn't know she was being followed.

Barty was giddy with glee at the idea that the Dark Lord was going to return tonight after almost fourteen years as barely a wraith. Barty would be present to see their lord's glorious return to power and he still had a key role to play despite the changes occurring in which ritual they were using. Barty found he preferred this plan because unlike the other one Barty would never be caught.

No longer was it kidnapping the boy who had brought down his Lord for the ritual. Said boy had to Barty's surprise had turned out to be the Dark Lord's son and heir. Barty was sure when that was revealed – if it was revealed – no Death Eater could fail to be shocked.

Now Barty's was job was to bring all threeof the sacrifices to the Dark Lord. That included abducting the traitor to the Dark Prince who had hurt the Dark Prince with her betrayal. The Mudblood bitch would get what was coming to her tonight she wasn't good enough to lick dirt of his Prince's shoes.