Chapter 58 The New House of Morant

The Weasley-Morant Affair

By Rita Skeeter

Arthur frowned, ‘what now?’

After the events of the past previous weeks he couldn’t believe that there could be more trouble for them. Not after Harry had betrayed them all to the Dark Lord. Not after Molly had revealed her crimes against Harry that must have contributed to Harry's betrayal. Not now that they were all fearing what would happen to Ginny and her baby should it ever be discovered that the child she carried was Harry’s.

‘What’s happened?’ asked Ginny.

Arthur sighed, ‘Skeeter’s published another article about us.’

Ginny and Ron came around to look over his shoulder both wondering what was going on. Molly started from where she was standing at the hob frying pancakes. She carried the plate of pancakes over to see what Skeeter had published about them this time. To Arthur it seemed just one thing after another. Sometimes Arthur wondered if this was revenge for what they had or hadn’t done to Harry.

‘Who are the Morants?’ asked Ginny frowning.

Arthur shook his head, ‘never heard of them. Most likely a Muggleborn or Half-Blood family. What they have to do with us or this mess I can only guess.’

The Old and Noble House of Weasley have faced many troubles over the last few years.

‘Because of Slytherin,’ scowled Ron.

First Arnold Weasley was fined for breaking his own laws.

Arthur felt his ears go red that the car had once more made it into the newspaper. Arthur could feel Molly’s glare on him. Arthur didn’t say anything knowing that his crime was dealt with and actually one of the least crimes they were accused of. He had to pay a fine but with the children at school and the Daily Prophet Prize Draw winnings they had long ago paid.

And now they are facing several charges laid by Lord Foma Slytherin on behalf of his son and Heir, Hadrian Slytherin. These charges include embezzlement, illegal use of mind altering potions and instigation of illegal marriage contracts.

‘We had to control Slytherin!’ Ron scowled.

Arthur frowned, ‘and maybe if you hadn’t Harry wouldn’t have felt so betrayed that he thought You Know was the better option.’