Chapter 56 A Shift in the Balance

Wednesday morning found Harry wearing bright green robes with silver trimmings which were the colours of the Slytherin House his eldest House. On the left side of his torso were the crests of all seven of his Houses. Most people would just have the crest on their left chest but naturally with seven of them they would not all fit there.

‘Hadrian, are you ready?’ asked his father.

‘Yes, father,’ Harry said.

Harry walked out to find his father wearing a set of plum coloured robes. Harry thought he looked much more flawless than Harry did ever even whilst wearing the ghastly Wizengamot robes. Of course, that could be Harry’s own nervousness talking.

Harry had, of course, been presented to the Death Eaters but this would be the first time he would be presented at high society Wizarding Society with people who would not respect him due to his parentage alone. Not when a good number of people would hate and fear him for his parentage. And the others would pity him for his upbringing.

Still the last few days had been a lot better since Harry had fainted. He had woken to Sirius, Lucius and his father surrounding him. Since then his father had been keeping his opinions to himself. Harry still saw him scowl when he came back from spending the night or day with Lucius but he did not stop Harry or threaten Lucius.

Meanwhile Harry had been spending time with Draco usually playing chess or doing homework together. Harry may not be going back to Hogwarts next year but the Dark Lord wanted Harry to catch up with European standards which were so much higher than Hogwarts currently were and Harry was not the greatest student at Hogwarts although he had been improving recently. Draco, unlike Harry was brilliant at Potions whilst Harry’s talents lay in Defence. They both understood Charms and both struggled with Transfiguration.

Today was the monthly Wizengamot meeting where Harry’s father would be accepted as the Head of Slytherin House. Harry was sure that Dumbledore would be unable to help himself from trying something with the threat of his enemy gaining more power. Hopefully he would only succeed in digging himself into a deeper hole but it still made Harry nervous because despite everything Dumbledore was still powerful and had many allies within the Wizengamot.

The Dark Lord surveyed Harry and clearly whatever he saw met his approval as he pulled out the Portkey. It would take them to the meeting hall just outside of the Wizengamot chambers. It was voice activated and you were told to make sure you arrived at least five minutes before the session began as if you arrived after the doors as closed you would not be able to attend.

As it was the two of them arrived there a good ten minutes before the session was due to begin. Harry spotted the white blonde hair of Lucius Malfoy with Draco not far behind him. Tom saw where his gaze had gone and frowned slightly but again said nothing. Not that he would have said anything in this setting where there were too many open ears.