Chapter 44 Divorced Parents

Lucius and Narcissa flooed into Hogwarts Headmaster’s office. They had been given permission by the Board of Governors to come to Hogwarts to speak to their son when Lucius had said it concerned private family matters. Thankfully after a glare from Lucius and an affronted look from Narcissa the Board agreed to let them come without having to tell the whole board that they were getting divorced although the truth would come out soon enough.

It didn’t even require a donation to the Hogwarts budget to allow them into Hogwarts. Lucius had thought after the previous issues they had they would refuse him out of spite. It was certainly something Lucius would have done. They had after all booted him from their ranks due to Lucius’ methods of convincing them to get rid of the Muggle loving headmaster.

Luckily for Lucius and Narcissa Hogwarts had no choice by law but to let in parents and guardians who wished to speak to their children. Unless the parents were considered to be a danger to the child in which case this had to be backed up by a court ruling or an official investigation. And providing that they arranged to meet with their child outside of class time.

Luckily exams were over so classes were limited to going over exams, re-teaching common difficulties that exams had found and assigning holiday work. Honestly the last week of school very little learning or teaching got done outside Severus’ class. The governors had said as long as the class teacher gave their permission they would have no problem with Draco coming to meet them.

Luckily Severus as Draco’s Head of House was able to provide them with a copy of Draco's timetable. Another stroke of luck was that Draco’s first class of the day was History of Magic. Binns had given permission to Severus when he was asked if Draco could come with them without really understanding what was going on or who they were talking about.

If that had not been the case Dumbledore would likely deny them access on account to Draco needing the time to study. Really he just didn’t want known Death Eaters around his students. Thankfully, the permission from the Board and Dumbledore’s own precarious political situation meant that the Headmaster had no choice but to allow them access.

Narcissa went through the Floo first and Lucius followed. Lucius was unsurprised to find his wife dusting soot of her pristine dark blue eyes with a sneer on her face. Lucius suspected that it was at least partially an act and being in the same room as Albus Dumbledore rather than disgust at getting dirty. Narcissa may act like a dim, airhead but Lucius knew that was mostly an act.

‘Headmaster, where is Draco?’ Narcissa said imperviously.

‘Young Mr Malfoy should be coming along momentarily,’ Dumbledore replied.

‘We did say that we would be here at half nine,’ Lucius said coolly.