Chapter 20 Plans for the Future

'I have to ask how did Lucius come to be involved?' asked the tiny form of Lord Voldemort.

Harry hadn't been sure what to say to this question that could bring a load of trouble for him and his lover. How did you explain to the father that you had never known had existed that you were having an affair with a married man especially when you factored into equation the fact that Harry's father was a Dark Lord. A Dark Lord liable to kill the man who had taken Harry's virginity.

It was perhaps the worst question that could be asked considering exactly how Lucius had come to be involved. Harry hadn't directly lied to his father throughout his explanation. Harry had just avoided talking about Lucius much and not mentioning any sort of relationship the few times he had mentioned Lucius Malfoy.

Harry knew that he would have to tell the Dark Lord because otherwise it would come out on it's own which would be worse than telling Voldemort because they would also be lying to the Dark Lord about the nature of their relationship. Harry just decided it would be better to tell his father when Lucius wasn't there. At least the Dark Lord would have a chance to calm down before Lucius ended up dead.

Harry was just lucky that before he had even had time to formulate and answer to that question a huge boa constrictor slithered in to curl around the base of the Dark Lord's bed. Harry remembered seeing the snake in his vision back in the summer where the old Muggle man had been murdered. The snake flicked its tongue in Harry's direction.

'Master has a hatchling,' the snake said.

Harry didn't know how but he could somehow tell that the snake was female from the way she spoke. Harry had never delved too much into his talents as a Parselmouth mainly out of fear of recrimination but now he wondered exactly what it meant to be a Parselmouth. Anyway it wasn't like anyone outside of his father could tell him as Parselmouth was a rare almost unheard of ability.

'This is Hadrian Nagini. Hadrian this is Nagini,' explained the Dark Lord.

'Harry,' Harry told the snake. 'I prefer Harry,' Harry added in English to his father.

Harry watched as his father's eyes flashed for a second. Harry thought he understood why considering everything that had happened between the two of them before he had known the truth but Harry had thought himself as Harry Potter for fourteen and a half years. That wasn't going to change overnight no matter what the Dark Lord wanted and he was just going to have to accept it.

'The Rat-Man is asleep downstairs,' Nagini said. 'Would you like me to give him a bite to wake him up?' asked Nagini with a smile in her voice.