Chapter 82 Family Reunions

Remus was still laid curled on sofa where he had been for the past couple of hours ever since Minerva had left him. The weight of everything he had found out, everything he had done, everything Sirius had said, was crushing him. It was like losing Sirius and James all over again … except almost worse because at least then he had been able to blame Voldemort and Sirius. But this time it was only him who was the blame.

That was when the crack of somebody Apparating into his home came. Remus didn’t even bother to look up. It was probably Voldemort coming to kill him. Honestly, that didn’t seem so bad after everything he had done.

‘Are you done feelin’ sorry for yerself?’ a growl of voice came out.

Now that had Remus sitting up sharply – he recognised that voice. Looking around he saw the familiar face of Fenrir Greyback – his father – staring at him. After everything else it just was too much, and Remus just began laughing hysterically whilst tears streamed down his face.

Greyback knelt down beside him, ‘Remus, breathe with, out and then in, out and then in.’

Eventually Remus calmed, ‘are you here to kill me?’

‘Would you like that?’ Greyback said softly.

Remus looked down unsure how to answer that question.

‘Because, no I am not,’ Greyback said. ‘You are my son … if I had protected you and Romula better … you wouldn’t have been hurt and groomed in the manner you were.’

‘It doesn’t make it better,’ sniffed Remus.

‘No, it doesn’t,’ agreed Greyback sadly. ‘And had it been someone involved in your kidnapping and Romula’s death, I would have torn them apart.’

Remus shuddered at the casual reminder that Greyback may not exactly be what he was pictured as. However, he was still Fenrir Greyback the most notorious werewolf of their times. And he was Remus’ father which set Remus off again.

‘Remus, you can’t stay here,’ Greyback said. ‘The Dark Lord has agreed not to touch you on my behalf but that is on the condition that you remain away from his family and the Wizarding World. So, you will be coming to the pack … and you will be staying there! Do you understand me?’

‘Yes,’ Remus said softly feeling so lost it was just easier to let Greyback take charge.