𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏: 𝐐𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬

| CHAPTER 1 : QUICK AND PAINLESS |

The door to the bakery burst open with a very serious-looking Jade standing at the threshold like batman making a grand entrance at 10 in the night. I paused on the batter I was whisking, raising my eyebrows at her.

"Ja—?"

"I'm in a catastrophe!" She marched in, slamming her hands on the counter in front of me.

I blinked, "What's wron—?"

"Does this dress make me look fat?"

"What?" My eyes followed her slim physique clad in a casual green dress reaching below her tanned thighs. What is she talking about?

"I have a study session with Cole in like an hour and I don't know what to wear! Why didn't you leave yet? And where the hell is your phone? You were supposed to be at my house by 7!"

"Shut up!" I hissed, warily looking behind me, "Mrs. Stick Up Her Ass is somewhere in there in the kitchen. If she hears you yelling, she'll start on me!"

"She can burn in hell." Jade scoffed. "You still haven't answered me! Does this dress make me look fat? It does, doesn't it? Oh my god! I've been a couch potato for the whole week! I knew I should have been working on my booty. What am I going to do?" She cried, gripping her hair.

"Calm down, bitch! The dress looks fine. It's just a study session!" I placed the bowl I've been whisking aside and proceeded to help my hysterical best friend.

"After three years of pinning on that guy? Na-uh. I think I'm gonna make a move tonight." She squealed a bit.

My face went a little bitter. Cole is a dick. I wanted to say but Jade had a crush on him for as long as I can remember. Jade was a pretty girl with green eyes and brown hair. She's a top student at school but eventually, she just had to fall for a dick.

"I HAVE A FAT BUTT!" She yelled, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"SHHH!" I yelled back looking behind me again to see if Mrs. Stick Up Her Ass appeared or not.

"I might actually cry right now, Ezzy, and all you care if that old hag would yell at you?" She glared raising an eyebrow.

"I've already been in deep shit with her since that milk spilled on the whole sack of flour incident. She'll cut off my salary and I really need that money this month."

I spent almost all of my money going crazy and buying dark vintage t-shirts last month. Damn you, eBay sale.

"Why are you still working for this bitch, anyway?" She perched herself on the chair in front of the counter. "There are other jobs you could find to pay you."

I shrugged, "I still need to find my main interest before I take any other jobs. I told you, I'm giving myself time."

"Yeah, yeah. But she should cut you some slack. For god's sake, we're still in high school. IT'S TIME TO PARTY FORGET THE OLD FARTY."