𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖: 𝐀 𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐥𝐝

| CHAPTER 18 : A HUNDRED YEARS OLD |

Seven hundred years ago, the mansion was once a castle. A castle built by King Sahandred and Queen Lucretia.

When the witches, specifically Derek and Rowena, ruled werewolves for fifty years, they enjoyed destroying things that marked the Royal werewolves. Starting from the castle walls.

The Royals decided to end this when they tried to steal Queen Lucretia's crown.

Before Queen Lucretia died, she stored her magic in her crown which passes on to one after the other new queens. None of them were able to access Queen Lucretia's magic from the crown. None of them were Royals.

There hasn't been a queen for seven hundred years and so the crown has been kept safely locked away.

The castle which ended in ruins after the witch's rule was constructed back into an equally big mansion by King Alpha.

The basement was where the throne and remains of the previous Royals were kept as a show; gems, swords, weapons, ornaments worn in the past.

At the end of the basement, a huge throne perched on top of a dais made of pure gold and metals. King Alpha sat with one elbow perched on the armrest and head on his palm, lazily playing with one of his daggers in the other hand.

His mind kept flickering to the innocent-looking blue-eyed stupid human.

Bitch. He thought in his mind.

She had poisoned him and he just...let her. So easily. A slow rage seeped through King Alpha's veins as he kept repeating in his mind, how easy it was for her to poison him. How easily free he made himself around her. How weak.

She had angered him.

The doors to the basement flew open.

King Alpha didn't blink.

Two men, who were King Alpha's wolves, came in holding a hostage in their hands.

The men walked forward, roughly pushing the hostage ahead towards King Alpha. They left after planting the hostage in front of King Alpha's throne.

A deafening silence fell upon the huge basement which was now considered to be the throne room.

King Alpha continued playing with his dagger not yet meeting his hostage's steady and awaiting eyes.

"I never expected this from you, Levi." King Alpha spoke after a long moment of tensing silence making Levi go stiff at the calmness of his voice. He'd seen King Alpha act calm so many times only to strike suddenly like a viper.

"I-I apologize, my lord," Levi began putting a hand to his chest, "I didn't mean to-"

"You helped my only prisoner escape," King Alpha finally sets his gaze on Levi making him go cold under his gaze.

Levi's eyes dart behind the throne where Drew stood, a small amused look on his face as he twirled a glass of drink in his hands.

"I don't wanna hear why you helped her. You'll only lie to me." King Alpha stated snapping Levi's eyes back to him.

He bowed his head, "My lord."

"Just take your punishment and leave."

"What is the punishment, King?"

"I want you to rip out your favourite arm."

Levi's eyes went wide but he knew better than to argue with him when he was in one of his dangerous calm moods. King Alpha is always thinking, planning and if someone interrupts him during these times, they might as well wish they never lived.

"I-I don't have a favourite arm, my King."

King Alpha snorted, "Who doesn't have a favourite arm?"

Levi stayed silent.

"Just rip out your left one." King Alpha decided for him.

Bowing his head obediently, Levi grabbed his left arm firmly with his right and in one hard pull, his arm came out right out of his socket. He resisted the urge to cry out loud or even make a single noise of pain.

Blood dripped like a waterfall out of his ripped arm, but he didn't cry or scream.

King Alpha made a dismissive gesture with his hand, "Now go stitch up your arm and make sure you heal properly, my loyal beta."

"Yes, Lord." Levi managed to choke out before carrying his ripped arm and staggered towards the door shutting them close behind him.

"That was just childish," Drew commented from behind him, leaning against the head of the throne.

King Alpha gave him a bored look, "You're still here?"

"Levi is just a hundred years old. He's practically still a child, mon ami."

"I became king when I was a hundred years old."

Drew shook his head taking a sip of his drink, "So what are you planning now?"

King Alpha turned his attention towards his dagger, the silver metal glinting in the light. He flipped it in his hands, again and again, never once accidentally letting the silver touch his skin.

Ezlynn had been a truck suddenly slammed into King Alpha's life. He thought he knew her well, he thought he knew what she was. She has magic. How strong was it? She's not a witch. Not a werewolf. Then what is she?

She had been a challenge taken up by King Alpha. To figure her out and kill her right in front of the witches who mated her to him. But now he seemed to keep her for a little longer. She has piqued his interest; his interest in always being two steps ahead and winning.

Everyone by now knows King Alpha has a mate. All his enemies, nemesis, people whom he's annoyed or irritated. Everyone now will want to hurt her just to hurt him. Everyone will now want to get her hands on her, that innocent little clueless bitch. King Alpha didn't care about how hurt she was. He only wants to be the one who does it.

How long can it take to break someone?

"That bitch loves to run," A small smirk curled on the corner of his lips, "We'll see how far I can make her run."     

◃───────────▹

Oooo he's angry!

Anyways, please vote and comment.

Date: 22 July 2021