𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟕: 𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐫 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧

| CHAPTER 27 : PAIR MADE IN HEAVEN |

Cold.

Freezing.

Dark.

That's what I felt in this room. The shackles around my wrists were cold like ice, freezing my skin. I should have been used to being chained up, but I wasn't. It gave me the same feelings; lonely, scared, shivering.

After the counter with Arsenio, I woke up to find myself chained up in an empty cold room with doors made of metal. The moonlight poured in from the window, but that light did nothing to comfort me.

My knees were pulled to my chest, with my arms around it, trying to cuddle with myself to ease the cold. I wanted to cry and even scream but did neither.

What are they going to do to me now?

My body shivered once again and I closed my eyes, putting my head down on my knees.

For a moment, nothing happened.

Everything was silent.

Extremely silent.

Then images flashed in front of my eyes with voices ringing in my ears. ...Burn it all!... I want every one of their heads--This will be the last day for them. Tonight...we reign terror- I gasped, snapping my eyes open, head jerked up.

What...the hell was that?

My thoughts seemed to be all over at the place. That voice. It seemed too familiar. Really familiar. Loud, angry, cruel.

Another gasp came out of my mouth when my eyes were blinded by sudden images.

A small boy, looking no older than twelve, kneeled beside a larger body. His hand clutched around a dagger embedded in the larger body's chest. The boy's eyes looked empty, void, and so dull it made me want to go and hug him.

He slowly pulled the dagger out of the dead man's chest, letting dark blood pool out. He watched the blood with no emotion, and it ached my heart for him to watch this. No kid should ever watch something as horrible as this.

He looked the very bit of dead, void. His eyes slid to the dagger in his hand and for the first time, something flickered in his eyes.

Anger.

The images blurred for a while before it showed me another scene.

A man, wearing heavy armour in the middle of a huge crowd with a sword lifted towards the air. Blue eyes filled with rage, power and darkness glazed around every single person standing in the crowd surrounding him. Their heads were bowed down in respect and surrender.

"Tonight, we battle!" King Alpha's voice boomed throughout the entire crowd making them growl in resentful agreement.

"They have taken enough of us! It's our time to rise up and fight!" He looked...dangerous. A viper ready to strike, ready to poison. His expressions were laced with every bit of venom I've ever seen. At that moment, it seemed as if he could break mountains, shake the earth and rain meteors. Power radiated from him like a tsunami, engulfing everyone in, "Who's ready to fight?" He demanded.