𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗: 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐃𝐨𝐠𝐬

| CHAPTER 9 : YOU'RE DOGS |

The maid had wiped the last trace of blood from my skin which I hadn't known had dripped from my neck during my trip to the kitchen. They bandaged my neck and packed their kit, walking out the door. I inspected my bandaged neck in the mirror, a look of disgust masking my features.

"Why did you bite me?" I asked turning around in the small chair I was sitting on in front of the dresser.

"It's not called biting," King Alpha rolled his eyes, his long body perched against his desk, "If I would have bitten you then you would have died the second my venom reaches your heart. What I did my not-so-precious blondie is that I marked you."

"But you still bit me."

"It's not called biting." 

"But you did! The fangs and your mouth and-"

"That's-that's a different kind of—ugh." He ran a hand along his face, before running the same hand through his caramel brown hair. 

"Stupid humans." He muttered before looking back at me, "Fine. In a sense, I did bite you, but it isn't exactly called biting. It's called marking. Where I put my fangs in the curve of your soft weak shoulder and possess your soul."

"You have my soul?" I frowned in confusion, my hand reaching out towards my bandaged neck, barely grazing it.

"Yup." He popped the 'p', flashing me a wicked grin.

"You could have just done a séance or something."

"Are you a ghost?" He gave me a flat look.

"Then do I look like a person who wants her soul to be 'possessed'?" I snapped.

"You'll get over it. Probably after this week. Maybe I didn't really have to come to check what's going on after hearing you scream. I mean you are going to die anyway. But I might not let that bastard Drew do it. Anywho, seeming that I broke off from my work to come to your girly scream, I might as well take the whole day off."

"Day off?" I raised an eyebrow, "From what? Being a dick?"

"No." He drawled out. "I own every hotel in New York City."

I laughed, "Sure, sure."

"I do."

"Yeah, I know." I smiled giving a shake of my head.

"I said I do!"

"Yeah and I'm Queen Elizabeth."

He gave me a flat look.

Silence.

I blinked once.

I blinked twice.

"What, really?"