𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐: 𝐈𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝

| CHAPTER 12 : IMAGINARY GIRLFRIEND |

The clouds clouded the sky, hiding the sun as a cool breeze blew through my black hair. It was rarely that I got to play with Collin under good weather. He was last year in his college, barely finding time to talk or spend time with me.

Today I got the chance.

I forced him out to the park, forcing him to play our old games to remind him that I'm still young and needed him close. Jade ditched me for Cole, her lifetime crush. I didn't mind though; we had already spent the entire night yesterday bickering and chatting.

Collin threw me the ball and I caught it effortlessly in my hands.

Sounds of laughter, small children yelling and people chatting filled the park. The afternoon weather was pleasant and lovely.

He wasn't playing right.

"I swear, if you don't throw any harder, I'm gonna shove this ball up your ass." I glared and threw the ball back to him.

A smile cracked his face, "I think I look much better with my already two balls, thank you very much." He said and fixed his blonde hair which fell on his forehead before throwing me the ball.

"I'm serious. If you waste this one day that I have with you, I'm gonna go find a new brother."

His exams were coming up and he seemed somewhat depressed. A strong feeling kept nagging at my gut, telling me he was gonna drop out. Ava tried associating him in parties, clubs and other places but he seemed hollow for a few days.

"Good luck with that." He threw the ball and I once again caught it effortlessly.

"Collin! Just talk to me already!" I suddenly yelled making his eyes widen slightly, "you've been acting closed off and depressed! It's bugging me!"

He stared at me for a while before pursing his lips. A sigh came out of those same lips before he walked in my direction. I gripped the ball firmly in my hands as I frowned at him.

"You don't have to worry about me." He said once he neared me, expressions tired and almost blank.

"And why the hell not?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"It's useless, okay?"

"I'll believe it's useless when you tell me what's going on with you."

He shook his head, "There's nothing you need to worry about."

"The day I stop worrying about you is the day I'm no longer your sister," I said stubbornly.

A small smile came on his lips, "What if I told you you were adopted?"

I rolled my eyes, giving a snort, "You're terrible at changing topics. We're not done talking about you."