𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟓: 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧

| CHAPTER 45 : YOUR FUTURE QUEEN |

Today was the day.

I didn't need to be told. I felt it as soon as I woke up.

The three girls continued cleaning and oiling my body. My face glowed and shone with the bath and facial I had a few minutes ago. The ball starts as soon as the night falls, giving us only six hours to get ready.

In my opinion, six hours was too much but the girls were freaking out about how much work they still had and how little time they had.

This morning was a weird one when Drew suddenly burst into our room and grabbed King Alpha, hauling him out. According to "tradition", mates aren't supposed to see each other after the first ray of sunlight until the ball.

I mean what kind of a tradition was this?

So...yeah, I haven't seen King Alpha since today morning for except the short thirty seconds in which he tried punching and kicking Drew away while he dragged King Alpha out.

Soon after that, the room was invaded with the three girls carrying bags of accessories, clothing, makeup and God knows what else. 

They made me have a bath first where they completely invaded my privacy and personal space by scrubbing my body, cleansing, shaving and polishing me until I looked like a glowing doll.

Now they moved towards my hair. They seated me on the stool near the dresser and worked on my hair using straighteners, hairdryers, pins, and perfumes and stuff.

I have never gotten this ready in my entire life.

"Close your eyes, Lady Ezlynn." One of them instructed.

They all wore matching satin silver gowns with their hair pinned up and ready.

I closed my eyes, and they sprayed a lavender-scented hair spray all over.

My chest was constricted by various emotions ranging from silent screams to internal dying. Like God! I'm attending a ball where the spotlight is gonna shine on me and poke my eyes out.

How do act? How do I talk? How do I breathe?

Like, what if I breathe too loud and annoy someone? Will they kill me? What if I accidentally spill someone's drink? What if I crash into someone and send them flying into the wall, causing the whole mansion to collapse?

One of the girls massaged a scented moisturizer on my face. Her fingers caressed my skin, sending me into a temporary relaxation.

A sigh came out of my lips.

Next was the makeup. They told me to keep my eyes closed the whole time and only open them when it's all done. They wanted to surprise me with the final results.

I closed my eyes, seeping into a comfy leather chair while they worked on my face.

The only reason I'm attending this ball is that I want to stay here. And the reason I want to stay here is that I want to help King Alpha...while also making an excuse that I want to help myself.