𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒: 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮

| CHAPTER 14 : DESTROY YOU |

I couldn't think straight with the fever seeming to skyrocket off the thermometer. I couldn't breathe properly, I couldn't think properly, I couldn't even move. I couldn't do anything. All I did was lay on King Alpha's stupid comfy bed staring at the ceiling.

How did my life come to this?

I have never been this sick in my entire life.

I missed the warmth of my little apartment, my own comfy blue covers, the huge pile of pillows, the smell of Collin making me something to drink wafting through the air.

I missed it all.

For a moment, I thought I was going to break down and start crying.

Before I could think about it more, the door to King Alpha's room slid open and a huge burly body came sauntering in.

Drew.

"I never expected you to look this terrible, ma chérie." He said, a small grin on his lips as he perched himself on the bedpost beside me, leaning against it.

"If your face...is the last face...I see before I die, I'm gonna regret...my whole existence." I said, my eyes barely open.

He chuckled, "I can change my face for you."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "You what?" 

His grin widened and something shifted in his face. His eyes enlarged just a bit with the colour dimming down into that of ice. His lips filled with his jaw sharpening and cheekbones heightening. His golden-brown hair changed colours to one of caramel brown ones until I was no longer looking at Drew's face.

I stared in horror as Drew with King Alpha's face stood beside me.

A shift of feeling stirred within me as I stared at King Alpha's face. Something in me wanted to reach out and strangle him to death.

Instead, my jaw fell open.

"Shut. Up." I gaped at him.

His features changed back within a second and his face was back to 'Drew face'.

"How the hell did you do that?" I asked. 

"I'm a Royal with magic. Wasn't too hard." he winked.

"That was freaking awesome. Can you shift your face into mine?" 

He nodded, "Oui, I can."

"Does King Alpha have magic?"

"Oui, he's a Royal too. He just doesn't use it."

"What exactly did happen to his parents and whatever he has between the witches." I said waving a hand in the air at the word 'whatever'.

At that, a sigh came out his lips, he propped himself further on the bedpost making me believe it was gonna snap in two under his heavyweight, "It's a really long story but all you need to know or all you can know considering you don't...er...have enough time that witches and werewolves don't get along. Not anymore."