𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟎: 𝐄𝐲𝐞-𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠

| CHAPTER 40 : EYE-RAPING |

I've always had random surges of anxiety attacks or a few moments in life where I start hyperventilating. If I got lost somewhere, I panic. If I lose someone, I panic. If there's a pop quiz I didn't study for, I panic.

I guess it was all Collin's fault for babying me so much. He took care of me like I was a vase that wobbles even if the slightest amount of wind blew by. He had always been the over-protective, over-caring brother. I had no parents and our uncle who used to support us, had also passed away.

It was always Collin and me at the end. No matter what.

I remember quite perfectly the few months I spent without him. He had gone for six months to LA for some school observation trip or something. I had to live with Ava for those six months.

Collin had been so playful, cheery and happy. His blonde hair shone like feathers dipped in gold with his eyes warm and deep as the sea.

We talked every day on the phone even if it was just a plain ol' good morning text. I missed him so much during those times, sometimes I'd fall sick with Ava having to skip school to take care of me.

When Collin returned from LA, I remember running up to him and throwing my arms around him. His first reaction was an 'I'm fucking dead' reaction because of the coffee that spilled onto his nuts.

He didn't mind it after a few seconds except for asking me to give him a moment to change his pants from his suitcase.

Collin had definitely looked different. Puberty hit him hard. His hair and eyes were still the same, but they weren't...childish or playful anymore. They looked more mature with a kind of seriousness. He definitely looked sharper and lean like a needle. Not because he got weak. That's just how his body was, slender and sharp.

When Collin had come back, everything in my life seemed to fall in place. Just because my big brother was here with me.

And now when King Alpha said that a bunch of old Royals who ruled werewolves in their era of time, who lived for more than thousands of years, who have fought battles and wars, who have been majestic, are coming to see me and declare me as the new queen, I didn't know if I wanted Collin more or my death.

Death seems pretty logical at this moment.

"I don't understand," Levi asked in confusion with a horror-stricken face, "Why would they suddenly demand a ball?"

"They heard about King Alpha having a mate and want to secure the future of our kind by making sure King Alpha accepts his mate and gives a...heir." Drew responded, not looking the least bit pale or grim like the others, he looked happy instead. "They don't really trust King Alpha to do so himself, so they're taking matters in their own hands."

King Alpha rubbed a hand on his jaw, looking as grim as ever.

"And they don't mind Ezlynn being a human?" Levi asked.