𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓: 𝐒𝐭𝐮𝐩𝐢𝐝 𝐇𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧

| CHAPTER 5 : STUPID HUMAN |

She gave a pleased satisfying smile; her cheekbones narrow and sharp.

"You don't have to do much." She spoke. "Just find out what King Alpha is planning before he does something that makes things much worse that it gets out of hands. I want to bring an end to our rivalry with the witches, but I don't have much time, you see?"

I gave a nod, "So say, I do find out what King Alpha is planning, then what?"

"You tell me everything, I can take care of it from there."

I raised an eyebrow, "How?"

"It's a big detail. I don't wanna bore you." She flipped her perfectly styled golden hair behind her shoulder. "We must go back to the mansion. King Alpha might have noticed you're gone and he's probably preparing to come find you."

"I'm thrilled," I said sarcastically before grabbing a slice of pizza in my hand and following Katia out the door.

When we walked on the street, I let myself think of all the situations unfolding in front of me. Am I seriously gonna go back to the mansion where King Alpha is gonna prison or kill me the moment he set eyes on me? I can almost imagine the scene in my mind.

Yup, it'll end with my head rolling down the hill.

My eyes glanced at Katia who gracefully walked a few inches ahead of me.

Can I escape?

I haven't exactly promised that I'd help her.

I can run back home, tell Collin everything, get some answers and together we both can leave the country even if we have to. We'll live somewhere else far from this insanity. I can tell him that he doesn't have to talk or explain anything once we get out of here.

I slowly stopped walking, eyes on Katia, as I let her walk alone a few steps without knowing I had stopped following her. When she walked a few steps ahead, I turned in the other direction and ran.

I ran as quick as I can knowing if Katia realized I had run away, she can just as quickly find me; being a werewolf. I ran through crowds of people and alleys, making her find me almost impossible. I didn't run home yet, it would be the first place she'd check.

My hands clamped hard around the pizza I held as I ran. My chest heaved as my heart thudded loudly in my ears, but the adrenaline pushed my legs faster and far away from Katia and the pizza diner.

The streets were busy and packed with people. It made running harder but disappearing quicker. I bumped into too many people but didn't stop.

I didn't know where I ran. At that moment, all I was focused on was getting far away from all this.

Minutes passed and I had to stop. My lungs burned along with my calves and knees. I gulped in a huge amount of air, chest tightening and bulging. I wiped the sheen of sweat on my forehead and on the back of my neck. The sun was set low in the sky meaning it was somewhere in the middle of the afternoon.