𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟓: 𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞?

| CHAPTER 35 : HOW LONG CAN ONE CREATURE CARE? |

We rode back to Saludom in utter silence. I had stopped crying long ago after Drew offered me water. Katia and Levi had called Drew when they were not sure where to and how to find us after my magic had teleported Ace, King Alpha and me to the basement parking.

I didn't know what to do once we reached back to the mansion. Katia had walked away after saying some assuring words, Levi did the same although he looked a bit guilty. The only person right now with me was Drew.

I was sitting on the floor, leaning my back against a wall in one of the many hallways, Drew mirroring my actions, not saying a word. I didn't mind his silent company. I didn't want to stay alone right now. Although I was beyond exhausted, I couldn't imagine myself sleeping.

Whenever I close my eyes, King Alpha's inhuman eyes haunt me, making my heart beat fast and cold sweat to start forming on my forehead.

His eyes, his voice, his whole demeanour- it seemed like a completely different version of himself. A wilder version and out of his control. Like he had no mind and didn't think of what he was doing.

"What happened to him?" I asked finally, a confused and worried frown on my face.

Drew's head lifted to mine. He had been poking aimlessly with his finger onto his thigh, while silently sitting beside me.

"He seemed...not himself," I said.

Drew pulled his lips together, tilting his head to the side as if thinking how to explain it to me, "Let's say...oui listen," he grabbed my attention turning towards me, "you know what creatures we werewolves are. We can turn into our wolf and also our human form."

I nodded in a way saying 'yeah, I got that.'

"While we also have two forms -a human and a wolf- we also have two minds, two souls and two identities. When we turn into our wolves, we make sure to stay connected to our human minds. If we let ourselves wander to the wolf - the animal - side, we lose control of ourselves and lose our humanity, we act like complete animals carried away by rage, temper, or anger." Drew explained.

"So why did King Alpha go complete animal on me?" I asked.

He scratched the back of his neck, pursing his lips, looking worried, "Ez?"

"Yeah?"

"How do you know King Alpha's name?"

I shrugged, "I read a journal. King Alpha's father's journal to be precise."

His brow furrowed, "From where?"

"In the Saludom library."

"What else do you know?"

"That he wanted to kill Derek's child. And maybe because of that, the whole war between witches and werewolves happened."

A thoughtful frown etched on Drew's face.