𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟒: 𝐂𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐦 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞

| CHAPTER 64 : CLAIM YOUR PLACE |

"-you might wanna be careful around Big Boss-yeah I know crappy nickname but this one will do for now-he's always trying to sneak behind you and slam cream cheese onto your face. Also, Michael Jackson-another nickname-is the school's current flirt so just knee him in the balls when he gets close, trust me his reaction is funny. Also, Regina Gorge-we gotta start coming up with better nicknames-is just the sweetest girl despite her mean girl look."

Jade ranted off while leading me along the hallways of my once upon a high school. It's been days since I've been here, and I don't think I remember anything from this place. I hated school anyway.

I had been feeling sick when I got up and wanted to throw up again. Despite that, I still told Jade I wanted to go to school. She was purely excited about that and tackled me in a hug.

Now she's showing me around and recalling my memory.

My mind had gotten somewhere far away from the thoughts of Saludom but not quite yet.

First classes were easy to get through and I forced myself to pay attention and take down notes. Jade managed to stir every one of my classes with hers, so she was beside me through and through.

It was a little hard focusing since I joined in the middle of the year and half of the lessons had already been taught.

After taking out my books from my locker, I walked with Jade to my other class. I was already feeling a little better, a little empty, a little queasy but I'm proud of managing myself.

Someone abruptly bumped into me, almost sending me falling sideways. 

"Hey! Watch it!" Jade yelled but I wasn't in contact with the world anymore as dark flashes of images flashed in front of my eyes.

Pain...darkness...blood...people screaming. Wailing. Dying. I felt their pain. I felt their torture. I felt their deaths. Terror everywhere. Flashing red with loud sirens. A cruel laugh. A baby crying.

The images flashed before my eyes within a blink, much faster than I could comprehend, almost knocking me back. My eyes met Jade's confused and worried ones as my mouth was half open in a gasp.

My eyes roamed around frantically, not bothering to move out of people's way as they bristled past me.

"Where'd he go?" I asked, looking for the guy who bumped into me.

"The one who bumped into you?" Jade asked before pointing in a direction, "right there."

I started to move in that direction.

"Where are you going?" Jade yelled behind me, but I was already far away from her.

My legs were swift, trying to follow the guy who bumped into me.