𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕: 𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐚 𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲

| CHAPTER 17 : IT'S A QUALITY |

A few hours earlier...

I paced back and forth in King Alpha's room. Anticipation crippling within every inch of my body. The clock displayed it was 7 at night; the time when King Alpha usually comes back from wherever the hell he goes to. I didn't know if I could really trust Drew or not. All I know is that he could be playing me.

My gaze would usually flicker to the two glasses placed on the side table of the bed, filled with liquor. How the hell am I gonna make King Alpha have a toast with me?  And for what?

My fingers played with the loose threads of the black lace blouse I was still wearing.

The door opened and I jumped.

I immediately tried to appear all calm and collected, staring at King Alpha with at most innocence as if I never stepped out of his room, even though deep down I was shaking like a leaf.

He sauntered his way into his room, stopping for a moment when his eyes landed on me. My own movements halted when my eyes landed on him. He wore a black shirt that clung to his muscular physique with jeans hung low. Everything about him seemed to demand the attention of every single thing wherever he goes.

My eyes snapped back to his face when I realized I was making it obvious that I was staring at him. Gosh darn it, how can I keep myself collected when he looked this hot and attractive?

For a moment I wasn't sure what to do before slowly, calming myself the best I could and clearing my throat.

"You disappeared after last night," I said, my hands nervously playing with the hem of my blouse.

"I didn't know you wanted me to stay." He stated a small smirk coming to his lips as he walked in and shut the door behind him.

Panic crawled through me when I realized that I was all alone with him in the same room with the door closed. If I make any wrong move, it could be my end right here and then.

"What I did want was for you to say, what are you going to do with me," I said, glad at the firmness in my voice.

His smirk widened, "I can do whatever I want with you."

I crossed my arms against my chest, "I want some reassurance."

He raised an eyebrow, "What?" 

"I want to feel like I'm safe and sound being here and that I won't be forced to do anything against my will." I had taken two steps closer to him.

His smirk widened, "Against your will, huh?"

"I'm serious. I hope bringing me back to life didn't mean I'd put up with any of," I lifted a finger, making a circle in the air at his amused face, "this."