𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟐: 𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐝𝐨 𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤?

| CHAPTER 42 : HOW DO INNOCENTS TALK ? |

Workout and training continued the same way for the next few days. King Alpha came late at night while I was already asleep and heads out before I even woke up.

I didn't let that bother me too much. I mean I'm not the type of person who gets bothered just because a boy doesn't talk to her.

Right...?

I tried getting more used to the warriors and allowed myself to remain in their conversations. These warriors weren't that bad and were actually fun. Except for the casual vulgar words and random urges to stab each other.

Levi tried keeping me close to him whenever we were with the guys and tried his best to close any conversation about me and King Alpha. Drake seemed the most intended to know more about my "relationship" with King Alpha.

The ball was in a few weeks and the whole mansion was in a bit of a rush. They started cleaning and polishing every corner, they spread out new carpets, and they swept and mopped the floors twice. This all just got me more anxious and panicky.

I wanted to know more about the Royals, but everyone seemed to visibly pale or even tremble when someone mentions the Royals.

The only person who doesn't seem bothered at all, you guessed it, Drew. He seemed to be counting the days until the ball and always looked excited.

Maybe I could ask him to tell me more about the Royals.

I found him, strolling in the mansion's garden. Yeah, I know right! They have a freaking garden!

"Drew!" I called out while running towards him.

He turned around and smiled when he saw me, "Bonjour, how ya are doing?"

"Sore and tight," I replied.

His smile dropped.

Realizing what I said, my eyes widened, "I mean the workout and training. Because of that, my muscles are sore and tight," Ugh, I was two seconds from face-palming.

He laughed, "Relax, chérie, I know what you mean."

A smile came to my face.

I'm almost glad to have Drew here. He's easy to talk to, he's fun and he doesn't confuse me. I mean Drew was practically my friend, right? He saved me from King Alpha a couple of times, and he only calls me 'ma chérie'.

"So what were you doing?" I asked as I strolled beside Drew while we walked through the garden.

"Just walking," he replied. The sun was high in the sky, lightening Drew's warm blue eyes.

"Anything you want to tell me?" he asked, "You ran here like a cheetah."

I snorted, "I'm not that fast."