𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒: 𝐀 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦

| CHAPTER 24 : A HAPPY DREAM |

I looked several times between Katia and King Alpha, trying to comprehend what he just said.

"S'cuse me?" I raise an eyebrow.

"You haven't told her I'm your brother?" King Alpha raised an eyebrow at Katia, "I'm surprised I'm not hurt at all."

"You stopped hurting the moment you stopped caring," Katia stated blankly.

He snorted, "Took you five hundred years to figure out?"

"Okay I think it's time for some family history over here," I interrupted looking between both of them.

"There's nothing family over here." King Alpha sneered. "Just a bunch of people unwantedly connected."

"I'm sure Alexandros wouldn't have appreciated your words."

King Alpha's head snapped towards Katia as fast as anyone could blink. I'm surprised he didn't get whiplash.

Alexandros.

He appeared once in my vision-y thing-y when King Alpha looked much younger. And also that name seemed to drive King Alpha angry till the point where he was ready to finally kill me.

"Who's Alexandros?" I finally asked.

Katia smiled looking at me, "He was once our brother—"

"Katia!" King Alpha yelled as if she told me some big secret she wasn't supposed to.

He looked ready to kill.

I shifted a bit closer to Katia even though I didn't entirely trust her.

"What? She's family now." Katia said referring to me.

"She means nothing!" 

"Umm hello. Standing right here." I waved my hand.

His gaze snapped to me, "Fine then listen to me say it face-to-face." He took menacing steps closer to me until he was breathing my air. My blood ran cold by the way his blue eyes turned impossibly colder making every inch of my body heavy with dread.

"You mean nothing. You are nothing. And you will never mean anything. I'm gonna find that fucking witch and put an end to this bond between us. Feel free to fuck yourself then. And if you think prancing around with Mary Sue is gonna help you with your shitty problems then your damn wrong. I offered you a clean slate and a do-over with me. You refused. Your lose! Now stay the fuck away from me!"

Before I could yell back at him that how I wasn't the one tailing behind him and that he was, he vanished right in front of my eyes.

A growl of frustration cut through my mouth and made my legs stomp on the ground along with it. "What the hell is wrong with him!?"