𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒: 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

| CHAPTER  4  :  FOR  YOU ,  BROTHER |

| CHAPTER 4 : FOR YOU , BROTHER |

It turns out, King Alpha never flew us out of New York.

I was in New York for the past weeks, chained to his room and still am in New York.

Katia and I walked through the streets to a pizza diner. She attracted eyes from everywhere, making me uncomfortable to be beside her.

I was in King Alpha's ridiculously large clothes. I probably looked like a potato sack beside her.

We didn't say a word to each other since we walked out of that mansion. I kept myself to myself. Call it trust issues, but I have a very wrong feeling about where this day was about to go.

When our pizzas came, my mouth watered at the sight of something familiar and tasty. King Alpha's food was plain, and the same thing kept repeating every night. Katia paid for the food giving a smile that dazzled the cashier for a moment.

When we sat, I didn't waste a moment before grabbing a warm cheesy slice and taking a bite.

After two slices, I picked up my third and looked at Katia who was smiling with her eyes fixed on me. In other case scenarios, this would have seemed entirely creepy, but she made it seem like she was observing me. A historian observing his precious artifact.  

"Why are we here again?" I asked with my mouth full of pizza, snapping out of the small trance she had me in.

She took a small bite of her slice, her eyes not moving from me, "You do have the qualities of King Alpha's mate."

I furrowed my eyebrows, swallowing the food in my mouth, "What?"  

"I heard you performed magic." She said, her voice lacing with interest.

"You think I'm a witch too?"

She shrugged, "You might be."

"I'm not."

She stared at me for a while before smiling, "I hope King Alpha hasn't tortured you much after seeing you can perform magic."

"I wouldn't call what I did magic. I may just have a powerful scream that I didn't know I had. As for that mad dog, why does he hate magic and what's with his game with the witches?" I still had many more questions, many more doubts and unexplained things.

"Magic was what took his parents away. It was almost six hundred years ago but the witches don't allow him to forget and move on."

"What do you mean?" I asked taking a bite of my pizza.

"Almost thousands of years ago, magic was a common thing between every creature. The werewolves and witches were, in your terms, the best of friends. We used to live together in one kingdom. The previous King and Queen loved magic and were fascinated by what it could do. It was least to say they were obsessed. But not everything is good for life. There was evil magic too.