𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟔: 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲

| CHAPTER 56 : GOOD FOR MY FAMILY |

I was storming.

I stormed into King Alpha's closet. I stormed into the bathroom to change my wet clothes. I stormed out of the bathroom. I stormed a few steps around King Alpha's room.

All the while, he lay relaxedly with a pillow under his back, leaning against the headboard. His head moved whenever I changed positions in the room to follow me with his eyes.

He was mocking me. But his face looked blank. Bored kind of...and so very attractive-stop.

"I am not doing the deed with you." I finally stated, facing him with my hands on my hips.

"Okay."

"I don't care what amount of pain I have to go through, but I am not having that with you."

"Mhmm."

"And you can't force me." I jabbed a look in his direction.

"Whatever you want, milady."

"I've always felt like I'm the descendant of The Rock and Doctor Strange. So maybe I'm strong enough to survive until the full moon, right?"

"Definitely."

I narrowed my eyes at him.

"There's something going on in your mind," I stated, "What?"

"Whatever do you mean?" his face remained blank.

"I thought you would be more playful and smug about this but you're just sitting there like a deflated balloon," I tried reading his face, "Tell me."

"I would if there was something."

"There is."

"There's not."

"There is."

"I assure you, ma'am, there's nothing going on in my mind."

"Ah-ha! That line was enough for me. You just blew your cover," I flipped my hair behind my back, "tell me now."

He continued giving me the blank stare as if he were the one waiting for me to grumble 'fine there's nothing going on in your mind'.

"Fine," I grumbled, turning away. But that did not mean there wasn't something going on in his mind. He's King Alpha. He's always planning and calculating.

"Well," he rolled off his bed, standing and stretching, "I gotta go."

He ran a hand through his hair, looked at himself in the mirror, winked at himself then walked towards the door, "Have fun."

I frowned, my eyes following him until he walked out the door and shut it close after him.

Okay, what the hell was wrong with him? Why was he acting like that?