𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟐: 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲𝐧𝐧

| CHAPTER 62 : EVELYNN |

An ill feeling settled deep within my chest. I couldn't breathe properly. I couldn't think properly. I couldn't...what happened to King Alpha?

Drew kept driving to God knows where. I couldn't bother. I sat dazed the whole time he pulled me out of the mansion, sat me in his car and drove away.

Katia's warnings circled my head.

'They're planning on executing the entire werewolf race. For good. We have to do something before that happens'

   'Time is going on and we're wasting most of it. Derek and Rowena are still out there. They're still out there and they're preparing to strike.'

'You need to tell me what my brother is planning'

My chest constricted of various emotions as I thought about how much Katia was right. I should have listened to her. I should have started snooping and searching instead of getting all close with King Alpha.

"I know this is an irrational question," Drew started for the first since the throne room, creases of worry and tension on his face, "but are you okay?"

"What happened to him?" my voice came out as shaky as a leaf.

A sigh came out of Drew's lips, "I'm not sure, chérie. But I can tell King Alpha has been...brainwashed."

I turned my head towards Drew with a frown, "Like how Ace is?"

He gave a nod.

"Who is Amber?" I asked.

A flash of anger passed through Drew's face before he masked it, "I don't know but I'm going to find out."

A long and deep sigh came out of my mouth as I put my face in my hands. I wanted to cry but I also didn't.

"What am I gonna do now?" I mumbled into my hands.

Drew glanced at me with a sorry look before shrugging and looking back at the road, "You're exiled from Saludom which means no more werewolves for you."

"I think King Alpha made that very clear," I replied dryly.

"Hey for what's it worth, think about it," he shrugged, "you always wanted to leave our world and have a normal life, didn't you?"

"Yeah..." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"This might finally be your chance to do so," Drew said, "King Alpha won't even come looking for you or stampede in your life ever again."

"What about that Amber?"

"That's werewolf business, chérie. You're exiled from that too."

A sting of pain bloomed in my chest, "Yeah."