𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟕: 𝐎𝐟𝐟𝐬𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠

| CHAPTER 37 : OFFSPRING |

The next few days went by with me working out first thing in the morning for four hours then filling my stomach with all sorts of food. During the evenings, I would spend my time with Levi watching him train the warrior wolves or wandering about the mansion library trying to find some other stuff about King Alpha's twisted life.

Speaking of King Alpha, he went back to being passive and closed off even after we called a truce. Whenever he forced me to work out, he became extra grouchy and stern.

During the nights, we shared the bed, but I keep building a pillow barrier between us. King Alpha didn't seem to mind it. He would stare at the pillow barrier with a flat look before grumbling and sleeping on the side of his bed.

He woke me up with the same disastrous airhorn which I've come to hate more than anything else in the world. If I could just reach out and strangle that airhorn...

Other than that, things between me and King Alpha have been...I don't know. Good?

I resisted the urge to scream.

I don't understand him one bit!

Like even one bit. 

One second he's staring at me looking as if he wants to touch me, another second he goes blank as a rock, barely speaking to me.

It's been five days and I'm going utterly insane.

I want him to talk to me, I want him to tell me things, I want him to touch me. It's almost as if I'm starting to miss how he used to be before the whole Ace thing (except when he wanted to kill me of course).

Where's the King Alpha that used to give snarky rude comments, the one who used to make fun of me, the one who sparks the challenging side within me?

Because this King Alpha is not the King Alpha I know.

Another sigh came out of my lips as I put the book back on the shelf. These books were boring and old and most of them didn't even make sense to me at all.

Grabbing another book, I flopped onto a beanbag, flicking the page open and reading another one of the Royal's journals who probably lived twenty millenniums ago. 

The library lay dead silent except for me making sounds here and there because clumsy Ezlynn can't stay quiet even for the life of it.

The words of the book that I was reading were ancient with old English and a few words which I had to squint at to read.

Nothing in these books gave me more information about King Alpha except Wallace's diary that I've already read.

Getting immersed in a book I was reading; I didn't notice the hallow presence behind me.