𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟏: 𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫

| CHAPTER 61 : IMPOSTER |

It had been a little over two weeks and King Alpha hadn't come back yet. The full moon also passed, and I was left feeling bored and useless. I decided to take a look in the library and hopefully have an incredible chat with Casper if he decides to spook me again.

So I far got nothing.

No good books and no Casper.

Heck, I would even call Ace just to free myself from my boredom.

The door of the library opened, and I looked up from the book I was reading to see Levi standing in the doorway. He was dressed in his usual, all black, with his weapons strapped to his body.

"Someone's here to see you." He informed.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Who?"

He smiled, "Head Vampire."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Diego?"

"Yup. Now come."

I stood from the floor and followed Levi. We reached upon a small but average drawing-room type of room. I spotted Diego's tall and pale figure seated on of the dark blue couches. His skin looked so pale, like snow. He wore a black blazer over a casual red shirt and jeans.

His head perked up upon me entering.

"Ezlynn," he greeted, "Hi."

"What happened?" I asked.

Diego looked at Levi as if waiting for him to leave the room. Levi raised his hands in defence instead.

"Sorry, mate. Have to look after Ezlynn here. King's orders. I will be damned if you decide to suddenly kidnap her."

"But I-oh, okay." Diego started but cut himself off.

I went ahead and sat on the couch across Diego and thought Levi would do the same, but he stood, leaning against the doorway, keeping a close eye on us.

"Ezlynn," Diego said my name again.

"Yes?"

"Did the bonding work? Are you able to control your magic now?" he asked.

My eyes widened in realization. Of course, he was here for that. Why else would he come all the way from his club to Saludom? Stupid me thought he came to meet me or something.

"I...didn't try," I said.

His smile dropped, "Why not?"

"I don't know how to channel it or something," I said looking at my hands, "Like how do I use my magic on command?"

"That's for you to figure out, dear." Diego's face was pulled into slight disappointment.

The way he said 'dear' made me sound like I was his granddaughter or something. But then also, he is an old vampire with the body of a twenty-year-old.