𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟖: 𝐁𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐫 𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐨𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐬

| CHAPTER 28 : BY THE WITCHES OR THE GODDESS |

The handle of the door rattled making me jump out of my skin. I looked up and the door burst open.

There he stood, smiling triumphally. His icy blue eyes sparkling. I was awed again by how breathtaking he looked. Huge muscles, ripped body, tall and broad. It's like my eyes couldn't get enough of him no matter how long I stared.

"You owe me big time, blondie." He smirked. "I fought hundreds of demons just to save your ass."

That's when my eyes noticed the blood on his clothes, his hair messed up more than usual, a dagger casually clutched in his hands.

That dagger.

My mind recalled the little boy with the dagger in my recent vision thingies. How he looked so dull and void and now, here stood King Alpha looking dangerous, breathtaking, an amazing creature yet so harmful.

"What are you waiting for? You want me to drag you out too?" He asked impatiently.

I didn't answer and only looked down, wrapping my hands around my knees tighter, fearing getting my butt off the ground.

"What's wron—oh the chains. Didn't notice that. Gimme a sec." He reached toward me. The warmth radiating from his skin, made me want to lean forward and get wrapped in his arms.

He broke the chains single-handedly, pulling the cuffs from my wrist.

"C'mon."

I didn't move.

He frowned and crouched in front of me, gazing at my face while I tried looking anywhere but him, "What's wrong? They put a glued-to-the-ground spell on you or what? Get up. I haven't got all the time in the world."

"I can't." I mumbled, tightening my hold around my knees.

"Why not?"

"I just...can't."

"You want me to leave you here alone then?"

"No," I said immediately, "God, no. I hate this place."

"Then?" he raised an eyebrow.

"I just-I just...you won't understand!"

He rolled his eyes, "Great observation. You aren't telling me anything to understand, stupid."

I opened my mouth but closed it. I've never been this troubled and embarrassed in my entire life.

He looked at me with furrowed eyebrows trying to figure out why I'm not telling him. What should I even say? 'I can't get up because I think my butt is stained with blood from having periods for almost three hours?'

Tears sprung to my eyes that I tried to keep down for too long. I blinked trying to keep them from falling out.

"Ez," Warm fingers brushed my arm but quickly pulled away when a spark of electricity passed from me to him, "Dang, barrier. What's wrong? Are you hurt somewhere?" King Alpha asked looking a bit stern now.