𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟕: 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞

| CHAPTER 57 : REST OF MY LIFE |

"So Roxy is a she?" I asked finally, fiddling with the hem of my shirt.

"Yup," Levi popped the 'p', flinging a small knife into the air then catching it, "She has always been a she."

And here I was thinking Roxy must have been a huge chunk of a man who looked like a literal God. Not that I mind Roxy being a girl. It's just that it took me by surprise.

Something twitched in my chest and my eyes widened, preparing for another one of those insane pains. After a few moments of stiffness, nothing happened, so I relaxed back onto the wall.

"Why aren't you feeling the heat?" I frowned at Levi.

Levi gave me a 'don't be ridiculous' look, "A, I'm a guy. Only the females feel the heat. Has something to do with their baby giving organ. B," he shrugged, "I don't have a mate. No mate, no pain."

He continued flinging the knife into the air then catching it.   

"Baby giving organ?" I scoffed.

He nodded.

The walls of the hallways in this mansion still make me feel somewhat dizzy. Who heck built these many hallways?

"So do you have a girlfriend or something?" I asked.

His eyes flit to me with a teasing smirk, "Are you going to ask me out?"

"I'm just getting to know my oh so dear friend better." I smiled sarcastically.

He continued smirking before shaking his head, "Nah I got no girl."

"Why?"

He shrugged, "Never thought about it."

"You don't have a mate?"

"King Alpha lifted the concept of having mates. I don't know how he did it. But to avoid some special issues, he had to lift off the mate thing.  Now whoever gets mated is an act of the..."

"Witches." I finished.

"Yup."

"Well, then that's good. You people can get with whoever you want. Unlike me. It feels like my fate is sealed with King Alpha no matter how hard I try to run away. And now it wants me to do the deed with King Alpha. Like how twisted and horny it can be." I scoffed.

A small chuckle came out of Levi's lips.

"Have you even tried looking for a girlfriend?" I asked.

He looked at me and gave a small shrug, "I found no one I'm least interested in."

"Oh come on, this mansion is filled with hot werewolves everywhere. Have you even been on a first date?"

He remained silent.