𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎: 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤

| CHAPTER 20 : YOU WANT YOUR BROTHER BACK |

A pained gasp came out my lips when I came back to my senses as if suddenly thrown from the sky to earth. I found myself looking at a pristine well-ironed suit covering a lean chest. My eyes travelled up and I found myself staring at a gentle smile, two green deep-set eyes, and long shaggy brown hair.

Realizing I was in the person's arms, I stepped back with a yelp.

He looked to be in his late twenties with slight subtle and mature lines.

"What - where am I?" I looked around to see a room that appeared to be an office. A large desk was placed neatly in the corner of the polished shining room with a huge flat screen across the wall. The window covered the entire wall, showing the night sky outside. Grey plush carpet covered half of the floor and the high ceiling lights hurt my head.

"Here, have a seat." The man placed his hand on the small of my back guiding me to the leather chair in front of his desk before he himself took a seat in front of the desk.

I placed a hand on my forehead, giving it a little massage, groaning quietly. Everything hurt and ached.

"Where am I?" I asked.

"Water?" he offered sliding a glass towards me.

I nodded gratefully and gulped down the whole thing in three goes. I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand before finally looking up at the man.

"Where am I? How did we get here?"

"You can call it teleportation," He smiled, showing crinkles on the corner of his eyes, "Hi, I'm Ace. Pleasure to finally meet you Ezlynn Richardson."

"Am I supposed to know who you are?" I asked in confusion. He didn't look familiar in any way possible.

"Maybe if you know the name Ace Brooke, then I think, yeah."

My eyes went wide slightly in realization, but I didn't have time to react well because of still being breathless of previous events, "Ace Brooke," I said in a breathy voice, "You do something with fashion and...something."

He smiled, "Nice to meet you."

"What did you do to King Alpha?"

"Just paralyzed him for a while." He replied without blinking, the same smile on his face.

I frowned, "Why?"

"He was about to kill you."

I raised my eyebrows, "So? He wasn't about to kill you."

"I expected a thanks from you to save your life."

"Temporarily," I stated, "King Alpha finds me again, I'm gone like the wind."

Before he opened his mouth, I interrupted abruptly.

"Wait, wait, wait, wait. Before we get into more talking or whatever you want to do, first tell me if your human or some psycho supernatural freak." I demanded.