𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟑: 𝐈'𝐦 𝐲𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫

| CHAPTER 53 : I'M YELLING TIMBER |

I sipped on the large cup of milkshake, my back resting against the windshield of the car as my legs dangled beneath the bonnet. King Alpha lay beside me with his hands crossed behind his back. The stars twinkled down at us with the wind gentle and cool. The car parked over a hill where only greenery stretched out beneath us.

The silence overwhelmed King Alpha and me. I slightly turned my head around to see him blankly staring at the sky. He looked peaceful but not entirely. His eyes would barely blink telling me he was deep in thought.

"I know you're staring at me," he muttered, not moving his eyes.

I wanted to know so much about him. I wanted to know what happened to him in his past. Why does the name 'Elias' bring out his beast? Why does he always act passive and tormented? Why does he push everyone away when instead all he wants is a family?

"Who is Ace, Elias?" I whispered.

His arms immediately tightened, and the same conflicted look crossed his features. He squeezed his eyes shut, wincing deeply to himself. A gasp escaped my lips realizing I called him by his real name.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to!" I yelled, pushing my back off the windshield and gazing at King Alpha as he struggled to push through his deep end.

A few seconds passed before he took a deep breath and snapped open his eyes, glaring at me, "Want to get killed? I dare you, use my name again."

I averted my eyes, "I didn't mean to. Besides, why does your name even bring out your beast? Like does your beast not like the name Eli-I mean E-L-I-A-H." I spelled out the name instead, "I knew I'd let my beast out -that is if I have one- if I was named Mia."

He furrowed his eyebrows, "What's wrong with the name Mia?"

"It means Missing in Action!"

He rolled his eyes.

"So why does your beast come out when someone says your name?"

"How did you even get to know my name?"

"I read one of Ace's journals."

"Sneaky thief."

"Does your beast not like your name?"

He snorted.

"Is your beast gay and had an ex named Eli- I mean E-L-I-A-S?"

"What?" He frowned, "No. When I fought during the war people called me by the name Elias. I had let my beast take over my body during the war. It terrified people. My beast is...absolutely merciless." He looked as if he were going to say more before cutting himself off, and looking away from me, "Fuck, just stop talking."

Not sure if he said it to himself or to me.

I continued talking nevertheless, "You let your beast out? Drew told me it takes a lot of mind control and that sort of thing to return back to your true form. Was it hard for you?"