𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎: 𝐒𝐚𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐋𝐮𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐚

| CHAPTRE 10 : SAHANDRED AND LUCRETIA |

The book came exactly at 3 at night by a maid.

King Alpha turned out to be a heavy sleeper. He didn't flinch, wink or stir even when I accidentally dropped a huge metal bowl off his table of antique collections. He didn't bind me to the chains as I expected, he didn't even care if I walked out of the room whenever I pleased or when I sat and ate messily on his bed. He sure did give me glares for the crumbs on his bed, other than that, nothing.

Something was up.

I knew it.

He wouldn't just leave me alone like I'm a fly who would only bug him for a while and then shoo off on its own.

He had something on his mind and is waiting. Waiting for me to do something, waiting for something to happen, waiting for something so he can strike.

Or maybe I'm just imagining this wholly. What if he thought it wasn't worth killing me? Killing me would only prove how much he was afraid of showing how much the witches had an effect on him.

I slid all thoughts and topics about him to the back of my mind and focused on the huge book in my hand instead.

A maid with a black uniform delivered the book exactly at 3. The way her body moved like a robot, or the way her eyes blinked only once in a minute had me questioning if she was hypnotized or not.

Then again, I don't really know how far the abilities of werewolves can stretch out.

Sneaking a glance again at King Alpha who slept soundlessly in his bed, oblivious to my midnight activities, I settled on his desk chair and placed the book on his desk.

Looking at the size of the book already tired me out.

I'm more of a listener than a reader.

A small bright white light glowed from the desk lamp which I'm wholly glad for.

Opening the textbook-looking book, my first thoughts were, what the hell?

500 long endless pages stretched out in front of me with words as tiny as ants.

How the fuck does Drew expect me to read all this before sunrise?

I ran a hand through my face, giving my eyes a small rub before finally starting to read the ant-size words.

༺═──────═༻

The Royals: definition- werewolves with royal blood. Descendants of Sahandred the first. The only werewolves who are capable of performing magic of their own. Family of werewolf rulers.

Sahandred Amoux Arnou, interpreted as the first King of werewolves with the title 'The Amare King' as a title to display his great love and affection with abilities to conquer, precipitate and perform magic like the ones of witches.

It is said that his honourable and respected mate, Queen Lucretia being a witch made it possible for werewolves having magic as an act of uniting herself with King Sahandred.

Queen Lucretia, known for her elegance, beauty and grace impressed as the first witch to ever bond and mate with a werewolf.

King Sahandred and Queen Lucretia continued to breed royals for thousands of years with their generation stretching for more than twenty thousand years; Each Royal being able to perform magic as a heritage of King Sahandred and Queen Lucretia.

Werewolves and witches lived together in the same era for thousands of years unifying themselves into a strong league the supernatural world has ever seen...

◃───────────▹

Yeah, yeah, I know it's short.

But this is kept here so in future if you people have any doubts or something then you can come and refer this chapter easily.

Truth to be told, I kind of went lazy with this cuz I wrote this on a Friday.

Date: 14 July 2021