𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔: 𝐋𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐄𝐳𝐥𝐲𝐧𝐧?

| CHAPTER 16 : LADY EZLYNN |

I bolt out the door, swiftly shutting it close behind me. I didn't wait one more second before dashing through the hallways and running to where Drew told me to meet him.

I am so dead if King Alpha wakes up.

I'm not sure how long can he be held down.

His words still ring in my ear, the way he spoke...

'I can't imagine how confused and betrayed or hopeless you're feeling right now. I admit, I have a bigger part in this because I came breaking down your door, but I couldn't leave you alone too.'

I blocked out his words, trying to forget how his words gave me a glimmer of hope that maybe things won't be that bad. Then I realized who was talking and snapped right out of it.

I turned right in the T-shaped hallway and shrieked when I collided with someone, sending me falling back with force.

My tailbone shot with pain along with my elbows and I had to lie there on the ground for a while, groaning in pain while staring at the ceiling glowing with lightbulbs.

Someone laughed.

"I'm not sure if I should laugh or help but-" He stifled a laugh then cleared his throat.

My head lifted to look at a guy looming over me. Black eyes glimmered with amusement with a smile plastered on his pink lips. Thick long black hair fell on his face as he bent down to inspect me.

I blinked and gasped realizing he was a werewolf.

I sprung to my feet, back hurting and raised my fists, "Don't touch me."

I haven't seen any werewolves roaming around the hallways from how long I've stayed here. I've only met Drew and Katia. Rest, I thought King Alpha lived alone in this gigantic mansion.

"I heard about you from the maids, but I didn't know you were actually real." His smile widened as he ran a hand through his hair, pushing them back.

He had slim fingers with nails painted dark black. He wore a black t-shirt under a leather jacket with black ripped jeans. My eyes widened when they fell to the belt around his slim hips. His belt consisted of knives, daggers, some claws looking like stuff and many more objects that were definitely sharp and needed to be baby-proofed.

I looked up back at him. He was looking at me, waiting. 

I didn't know what to do. Run or strike.

Wait, strike? He's a freaking werewolf! Huh, for some reason I feel confident. I feel like yelling out 'Come at me grunge boy! I'm the descendant of Seth Rollins!'

Instead, I shake my head. I'm really gonna get myself killed before I even step out of the mansion.

"My name is Levi and I'm your escort out of hell." He spoke when I didn't utter a word, giving a mock curtsy bow of his head.

"Escort?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Drew sent me to take you out of the mansion." He stated, stuffing his hands in his pockets and jerking his head to the side a bit to move his hair out of his face, "The car is waiting for you."

Levi was almost two heads taller than me. Even King Alpha is, but Levi's much slimmer.

Drew planned my whole escape?

This all seems too easy for some reason.

I gave him a suspicious look, "You're tricking me."

He raised his eyebrows, "How'd you figure out?"

I gave him a flat look and he smiled.

"No, Lady Ezlynn, I'm not tricking you. I'm here to help you escape from this place as per Drew's commands."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "What did you call me?"

He furrowed his eyebrows, "Uh, Lady Ezlynn?"

"Lady?" I echoed in disbelief.

"Yeah...?"

"I've barely been called 'ma'am'."

He chuckled, "Your King Alpha's mate so that's your title. I thought you knew...never mind. We have to leave quickly. But wow, I never thought a human would be able to poison the King Alpha." He gave me an impressed look. "He's gonna throw a fit when he wakes and man, I'm gonna be on vacation when he does." He widened his eyes in horror, shaking his head.

"Why did Drew send you?" I crossed my arms against my chest.

He sighed in slight annoyance before muttering 'he's an ass.'

"We better get going or else it would be too late to escape." He said not choosing to answer me.

Despite me not trusting any one of them, I follow him wherever he takes me.

I follow him in quick paces and out the huge door of the mansion.

A classic cherry red car awaits in front of me, windows rolled down with the person waving and smiling at me from the driver's seat.

"You've got to be kidding me," I muttered.

I turned towards Levi, "You sure Drew wants me to go with this?"

He nodded, "She offered to help."

I turned back to Katia, before sighing and opening the passenger seat.

"You're my escape?" I asked sitting in and strapping my seatbelt.

"Indeed," she smiled wearing sunglasses and a pink scarf around her neck, "I believe you know where you want me to take you."

"Yup."

Levi appeared out of nowhere at my window, startling me.

He grinned, "Enjoy your ride ladies."

"You've been helpful, Levi," Katia said.

He saluted us before walking away.

"Where to?" Katia asked driving around the water fountain and out of the driveway.

If there was someone who knew Collin just as much as I did, then it'd definitely be Ava.

◃───────────▹

Not me being obsessed with boys having layered hair (like Louis Partridge- I mean not exactly Louis Partridge but more like Harry Styles- yup Harry styles) and watching them flip it to the side to get it out of their face>>>>>>>

Date: 21 July 2021