𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗: 𝐔𝐧𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐲 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝

| CHAPTER 19 : UNGRATEFUL SHITTY WORLD |

The streets bustled with cars and transportation, and I was sure as hell gonna die waiting in anticipation for the traffic to clear out. My knee came up and down restlessly with my foot tapping.

King Alpha must be awake by now.

How long was it before he came for me?

I hope it's somewhere after I talk to Ava.

Katia drove without a crease of worry or anxiousness, low music playing from the car stereo.

"So why did you offer to help me?" I asked after a long moment of driving and anticipation.

She shrugged, "Let's just say everyone likes to disobey King Alpha."

"Who are you exactly to King Alpha?"

She smiled, "I'm one of his wolves," she said before adding, "Just not entirely a loyal one."

"Where do you live?"

"In the mansion itself."

"I barely see anyone there except you, Drew and now Levi."

"King Alpha lives in the east side of the mansion where no one except a few people are allowed. The rest of them lives on the west side."

"How many of you are there?"

She smiled, "Even if we don't live in the mansion, many of us live scattered across the earth. We live as normal human beings among you beings."

"So you mean my apartment owner could be a werewolf?"

"Vampire, witch, dragon, angel, demon, mermaid," she shrugged, "he could be anything."

My eyes went wide momentarily.

"Wow." I sighed.

She chuckled, "There are a lot of us creatures. Some of us can't even be seen to human eyes."

I placed my head in my hand wondering why the witches would choose someone like me among all these amazing and dangerous creatures. Something is just not right about this.

We reached Ava's apartment after a few more minutes.

I half expected her to be gone and missing too. But to my surprise, she opened the door after three knocks. Her eyes went wide when they landed on me, and she quickly embraced me without another thought.

"Oh my god! You're not dead!" She exclaimed, her arms crushing my ribs with her short auburn hair tickling my face.

For a moment, I forgot what I was here for when she hugged me. How long has it been since someone hugged me? I found myself yearning more for her warm hugs but pulled away before I got carried away.