𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖: 𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐬𝐬

| CHAPTER 8 : PAIN IN THE ASS|

My eyes stirred awake. A contented sigh came out of my lips.

When have I ever been this happy waking up? I brought my hand to my neck, surprised to find them free and unchained. I sat, fully awake now.

What hell had happened?

A thrill ran throughout my entire body making me want to run 20 laps of the entire New York - which is weird considering I can't walk to the kitchen without begging Collin to bring the water jug closer. 

King Alpha's room lay empty and quiet. No trace of him lurking around anywhere. My hand reached the surface of my skin just below my neck. When my finger grazed something dry, I leapt out of the bed with a gasp and dashed towards the huge mirror hung on the dresser.

My eyes widened in horror at the amount of dried blood on my skin and my clothes. The flesh on my neck was still open and still very...very...fresh. I forced myself to not pass out at the amount of - oh god. I looked away from the mirror, holding my head up straight.

What the hell happened?

I looked back at the bed to see King Alpha's white sheets stained with blood the size of a pillow. Is that my blood?

God, what happened?

I didn't feel dizzy or weak and wasn't stuttering my words. Normally people should be unable to walk or sit up straight after losing that much blood. Instead, I felt much stronger, healthier and as if my metabolism had skyrocketed.

Can I do a cartwheel?

Wait, I already know how to do a cartwheel.

Nevertheless, I tried and ended up with my mouth hung open in shock when I flawlessly did a full cartwheel with maximum grace.

Could I punch through walls?

I slammed my fist against the nearest wall.

Nothing.

Then...

"OUCH! OUCH! OUCH! FUCK!" I jumped up and down shaking my fist vigorously in the air, "Okay, can not punch through walls."

Confusion enveloped me once again, once the pain in my knuckles subsided within a second.

It was a morning with the sun clear in the sky making me question the time. I checked the clock. 12 in the morning.

What is happening or rather what happened? Why did King Alpha leave me unchained?

Flashes of his fangs sinking into my neck came back to me. A gulp went down my throat as my finger reached out to touch the still very freshly torn part of my neck. Holding my barf in, I looked myself back into the mirror and went pale at the sight.