𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟏: 𝐑𝐢𝐝𝐞

| CHAPTER 41 : RIDE |

Once again, my body was sent flying like those in the movies when Sydney flung my body over his back causing me to land hard on the ground with a loud thud.

A groan came out of my lips.

"I think I cracked a rib." I groaned.

"The ground is fucking cushioned." Hans was close to face palming, as he glared at me.

Levi was pinching the bridge of his nose and the rest of the guys were either trying to look away or laughing, making fun of me.

Sydney offered me a hand and I took it, standing up. Sydney wasn't much of a speaker and always had a shy look on his face.

The rest of the guys were: Drake, Hans, Chase, Matt, Warrant and Fred.

I looked down at the ground which was covered with foam mats and looked back at the pissed-off Hans. His patience with me was done before I even started training.

Levi chose Sydney to be my practice guy since he's the "softie" of the group and won't hurl a punch in my face if his patience was worn off.

"I already told you, Ezzy. Do. Not. Blink." Levi directed, "A whole building can collapse within a blink, something can blow up within a blink, anyone can die within a blink."

"But my eyes were watering!" I protested.

"You'll have to try getting used to any type of environment," Matt spoke, cleaning a long blade with a cloth. "Sudden things need sudden adaptations."

"And if you don't adapt quickly then you're fucking dead." Chase made a neck-slicing gesture with his hands.

Fred laughed, muttering the word 'dead' as if finding it hilarious.

"Okay, back on track," Levi directed, looking sternly towards me, "Don't blink and try not to hit the ground all the time."

Fred laughed again.

I inhaled, turning to face Sydney. Don't blink and don't flinch. I raised my wrapped hands, "Okay, I'm ready."

Sydney was supposed to be attacking me while I learned how to defend myself. Levi threw commands at me on when to duck, how to doge and when to jump. Sydney went purposefully slow with me but even then I was finding it difficult to keep up with him.

Fred laughed once again when I accidentally slipped which startled Warrant who was eating a packet of biscuits.

"Ouch! My tongue, you sucker!" Warrant slapped the back of Fred's head.

Instead of hitting Warrant back, Fred laughed again. His laugh resembled a minion which was enough to throw me off focus.

I fell onto my knees with an 'oomph' when Sydney punched me in the gut, thinking that I'd defend myself.