𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟕: 𝐆𝐞𝐭 𝐫𝐢𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐢𝐭

| CHAPTER 47 : GET RID OF IT |

A groan came out of my lips as I stirred awake. My body sat up before even opening my eyes. Who let the goddamn sun in? I rubbed my eyes with a yawn.

"Good morning, Babydoll."

I squinted my eyes open.

Chase stood at the very corner of the room; a long cutlass gripped in his hand. His blonde curls lay neat and combed on his head.

"What happened?" I mumbled, stifling another yawn while scratching my neck.

"You fell unconscious after the mysterious attack."

My eyes were finally able to open properly. I looked around and realized I'm not in King Alpha's room.

My eyes widened. The hell? Where am I? I looked down at my clothes to see I was clad in a different white t-shirt and sweatpants.

"Where am I?" I asked Chase.

"Just in one of the rooms of Saludom." He replied, "King Alpha ordered us to keep you away from his room."

I frowned in confusion, "Why would he do that?"

He shrugged, "No one's allowed at the attack scene."

My frown deepened, "What are you talking about?" 

"You got attacked last night. Don't you remember, boo?"

My eyes widened, "I got attacked-?! Oh, wait, yeah I did."

My mind recalled Ace and Casper from last night.

"For a second I thought you lost your memory." Chase sighed in relief.

"Where is King Alpha?" I asked, getting out of the bed.

"Work." He replied.

I nodded and took a look at myself in the mirror nearby.

"Ooh when did I get that?" I stared in distaste at the huge bandage on the side of my forehead.

"You were bleeding there. Drew bandaged you up."

"What are you doing here?" I asked, turning around to face him.

He grinned, "I was ordered to keep an eye on you and make sure, as King Alpha said and I quote make sure to keep an eye on that idiot, 'she's fully capable of frying her ass in her sleep.'"

I gave a flat look, "Yeah?"

He nodded, "Yeah."

"Well, my ass is still uncooked, isn't it?"

"Yup, you succeeded in not frying yourself. Also, King Alpha said you could do whatever you want today. You're free of training and working out for this day."