𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟓: 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐞𝐫

| CHAPTER 65 : STARTING WITH HER |

Jade plopped a cup of coffee in front of me as she took a seat beside me on the barstool of her kitchen counter. She looked eager to say something but to my gratefulness she remained silent.

I told her everything this morning right after she woke up. Her first response to that was 'Damn let a girl freshen up first'.

When she realized I wasn't laughing or smiling, her face morphed into seriousness, and she dropped all her attempts at joking.

Now she sat beside me. With her eyes glued to my stomach again.

A sigh came out of my lips, "For the last time Jade, stop-looking-at-my stomach."

She snapped her eyes away as if not really meaning to stare at my stomach, "Gah, it's just-I can't really imagine you being pregnant!"

Her parents were out, so lucky for me, no one heard Jade's exasperated tone.

"Well, I am!" I snapped.

She bit her lip, giving me a sad worried look, "Ezzy..." a sigh came out her lips, "what are you going to do now?"

A pained expression came on my face as I rested my head on top of the counter, breathing out, "I don't know."

She copied my actions and laid her head on top of the counter too, facing me, "Want to go pinching some butts?"

A near smile crossed my face before my smile vanished, "I'm going to be a mother." A feeling of fear, dread and impossibility washed over me as I said those words then repeat them over and over again in my head.

"I'm going to be an aunt," Jade repeated in the same tone I used.

I closed my eyes as images of last night flowed through my head. Levi had stayed with me for almost two hours, just holding and hugging me. When I had started getting sleepy, he led me upstairs to Jade's bed.

Except for when Levi stayed five minutes extra just to gaze at Jade and around her room, I was really grateful he was here as I took in the news of me being pregnant.

I raised my head and picked up my coffee, taking a sip of it.

"You know..." Jade started, looking hesitant, "no matter what you do or what you're going to do," she looked me in the eyes, "you know I'll always be here, right?"

I managed a smile on my face, nodding, "Yeah, I do."

She licked her dry lips, "So...if you tell me that you're going back to that mansion to save your wolves and take back your place," she looked at her cup, looking as unsure as I've ever seen, "I'll still be your best friend. Forever and forever."

Despite her trying to hide her eyes, I could still see the fear looming within them. The fear that she might meet loneliness again. Jade had no other friends because people thought she was too much and could be a handful.