𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟓: 𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐝-𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫

| CHAPTER 25 : COLD-HEARTED KILLER |

Down in the throne room, where the ceiling hung high with bright lights, King Alpha sat on his throne. Again lost in his thoughts, absentmindedly playing with the cigarette in his hands, taking occasional drags out of it.

He shifted his head from one hand to another resting on the armrest of the throne.

Why the fuck am I still keeping that bitch alive? He thought. Fuck her and her big blue eyes. Her tongue runs for miles-especially that sass. He rolled his eyes. She's a living target for every supernatural creature and she doesn't even realize the danger she's in. Stupid bitch refused my offer of starting over and instead chose my dumbass sister.

Ezlynn is your redemption. He scoffed. I don't need redemption. I'm King Alpha for fuck's sake. I've met Lucifer in person and even he likes me. I mean, of course, he would...until I fucked every one of his personal assistants every time I went to meet him.

Right...

Oops.

To be quite honest, his assistants didn't mine. Even the married ones. I just gave them what they wanted.

"Doing a lot of thinking, mon ami?" 

He huffed, blowing air from his mouth, "You didn't leave yet, Drew?"

He appeared from the shadows where he had been secretly watching King Alpha for the past thirty minutes and grinned holding up a drink, "You want to push me out of my own home?"

King Alpha gave a bored look, "I'm in no mood to talk to you. Scratch that, I'm never in the mood to talk to you."

"But you still do." Drew mused sipping his drink.

"Right," King Alpha said, "you're the only one with open ears for me." he frowned at the thoughts roaming in his mind.

"What's on your mind, ami?"

King Alpha took a drag from his cigarette, "What the hell is Ezlynn, Drew? She has magic and she's out of control with it. It's like her magic comes out like a volcano when her emotions are too high. It drains her and she doesn't even know it."

Drew was silent for a while, his mouth on his glass before licking his lips, "You're worried she's gonna destroy herself?"

"She's mated to me. She's already destroyed."

"Why do you always think like that?"

"There's no other way to think it. Besides, she knows it too. She already looks at me like I'm a sort of psychotic murderer killing people for fun."

"Aren't you?"

"Of course I am."

"Then?" he raised an eyebrow.